[info] Questions about RusEfi

Lyonz
kit assembler

Questions about RusEfi

Post by Lyonz »

My question to Andrey and/or other developpers
Sorry for these stupid question
Can I ask you something
I discovered your project 1 year ago, but I decided today to work with more then 4 cars with the rusEfi (for this moment).
Could you tell me about the history and also your goal in the short or long term.
Can you make me a comparison also with the ms3, I would like to have your opinion.

Thanks

Lyonnel
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Questions about RusEfi

Post by kb1gtt »

I think the short term and long term goals are to go faster. I believe @'s goals are typically based on what engine he has in his garage. My goals are more random, typical life constraints get in the way, so finding motivation and windows of time, ends up in more random chunks of progress. I want to try some science experiments some day, but limited resources means limited progress.

I think MS3 is a closed source reinvention of the wheel, while rusEFI is an open source reinvention of the wheel. I believe they both have very similar feature sets. However I do not follow MS3, so I don't really know. I know both can run a V8, so I guess we both must have similar features. MS3 has better documentation, but that's required when you are closed source. In our case you know the lowest piece of information. So you can do what ever crazy variation of your setup you want. However we have not made higher level documentation. I believe MS is more friendly to cut and paste without understanding what is going on. While it's bit harder to blindly cut and paste with rusEFI.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Post by Abricos »

kb1gtt wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:28 pm
I want to try some science experiments some day, but limited resources means limited progress.
what kind of experiments ???
I love scientific experiments !!!
one of my experiments ...
black element this part from tokamak ...
Last edited by Abricos on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

My science experiments are a bit more top secret. It's the world of crack pot stuff though, so it probably won't work. Some day I'll get around to trying it out then when it doesn't work I'll share. But if it works it could be worth protecting, so I'll keep my lips shut for now.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

sounds more like a commercial invention, rather than science efforts)
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

I promise to answer better once I am back home, as for history https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1368 post has some historical links which kind of show the original intent.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute