[README] EFI Part numbers and sources READ ME

Tuning, troubleshooting and the nitty gritty of using rusEFI to make your engine run nicely!
blundar
contributor
contributor
Github Username: blundar
Slack: Dave B.

EFI Part numbers and sources READ ME

Post by blundar »

If you're interested in using rusEFI to run an engine, there is a very good chance that you're going to need to obtain sensors, solenoids, injectors, etc. to use with your engine. This thread exists to archive part numbers for common and useful parts along with places to get them and approximate costs. This isn't a thread to discuss the merits of stuff - please keep your posts limited to WHAT it is, PART NUMBERS, VENDORS that sell and PRICES.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: EFI Part numbers and sources READ ME

Post by AndreyB »

Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
blundar
contributor
contributor

Post by blundar »

Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband sensors.

Be very wary of ordering ebay/amazon/aliexpress for these sensors. They're very heavily counterfeited and copies often do not function as well as legitimate sensors.

There appear to be two variants of this sensor element. One has larger holes in the tip, one has smaller holes. This has to do with the amount of heat that the sensor element is exposed to. Fouling is the primary concern. (Simon) Many GDI applications (i.e. Ford Ecoboost) and diesel applications seem to use the "open element" sensor.

For people in EU that want an LSU 4.9, Autodoc has one today (Feb22-2021) for 32€. P/N is 0281004537. From Fiat 500 Diesel, 47cm pigtail. -Dimitri C

Bosch 17321 (large hole variant) is available from Rock Auto in USA for $51.79+ship (Feb 2021) -mck1117
Bosch 17323 is OEM for Ford Ecoboost

Bosch 17212 Was obtained from Advance Auto parts online for ~$70 and has a short (~9" / 200mm) pigtail

Bosch 17217 has a very short pigtail, OEM on Mini Cooper 07-10 $87.79 Rock Auto USA Feb-21

Bosch 17123 has a very short pigtail and is available from wbo2.com but not from Rock Auto.

Bosch 17025 has a longer pigtail. $64.79 from Rock Auto USA 2-21

Note: 17025 is *the* LSU4.9 sensor that Bosch Motorsport data claims to match. Others are more "your mileage may vary" but they appear to work fine and identically to other members of the same LSU4.9 family.
Simon@FutureProof
contributor
contributor
Github Username: Orchardperformance
Slack: Orchardperformance

Post by Simon@FutureProof »

Would like to correct, it seems only the US pickups use the open sensor on the GDI, most normal GDI engines stick with the small hole version.
Now keeping MRE in stock in the UK - https://www.FutureProofPerformance.com
SHOf429

Post by SHOf429 »

Josh
94 Ford Taurus SHO
Frankenso in progress
blundar
contributor
contributor

Post by blundar »

Ford Racing sell many of the injectors that are used OEM on Ford vehicles. They're generally pretty damn cheap, of extremely known origin and widely available.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/fuel-injectors?N=brand%3Aford-performance-parts&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=fuel%20injector&kr=fuel%20injector

Set of 8 - 52# EV14 Bosch injectors $250ish ( M-9593-MU52 )