Newbie question? Also mac valve setup?

Tuning, troubleshooting and the nitty gritty of using rusEFI to make your engine run nicely!
Silverguy80

Newbie question? Also mac valve setup?

Post by Silverguy80 »

1994 miata 1.8 na8 non vvt turbo hellen board from beer money motorsports

How do I reset the rus efi ecu? Had an error for iat sensor map being wrong. Needed to be ascending granted I hadn't touched or changed the iat sensor map. Then the next day the correct map is there.

Also what does hard normal easy mean on auto tune settings? I figured out the percentages are the amounts of adjustments made for those exact items.

So with my speedyefi I wired my Mac valve in through the charcoal canister wiring plug. So I thought I should be able to do exactly the same thing with this ecu. Talked to the owner and he's telling me I need to use the options port on the ecu. Can I not use it how it's wired in already now? I thought this was common way to hook up Mac valve. I just wanna set my Mac valve to 5psi. So I can use the supercharger tune and slowly increase boost. It ran like that when was only getting 5psi because of hose clamp I loosened and forgot to tighten. Then I tightened hose clamp and it went all to hell.

I bought it like this. I know it shouldn't have ran but ran great for 6 months i had it and was competition drift car for years. I wouldn't set it up like this. Was setup with stock ecu rx8 injectors and two fuel pressure regulators inline. One fixed and one manual adjustment with boost pressure adjusting. Got rid of the fixed fuel pressure regulator because they were in line with each other. So way before I did anything the car freaked out on me before changing anything and died all of a sudden. I changed out everything for good working parts or new parts. (I also own turbo mista kart 1994. Did timing belt. Changed all relays, fuses, finally. Said the hell with it and put a new ecu in it to maybe fix it and get more information from the car. that I'd bought for it a week prior to dying. Just because i wanted better ecu in it and better gas mileage. It ate gas like crazy with old setup. Installed it and didn't even load a tune. It started. Then Jesse set me up with everything i needed for updates etc. The only 94/95 boosted tune is from supercharged 94/95 miata. That worked 3 days till it dawned on me that the hose clamp was loose causing 5psi boost max and that's why it wasn't boosting at 15 psi anymore. Tightened clamp and thing started bucking like a bronco. Barely got it back through parking lot to my shop. Now we are to me installing Mac valve so I can set it to 5psi and adjust PSI in increments till I get back to 15 psi. Not adjusting wastegate so much for boost control. Oh once the tune loaded with the correct iat map the next day it started and ran good for two short test drives with Mac valve and zero boost cause Mac valve is opened and not controlled yet. Then started bucking and seemed like it was running on 2 or 3 cylinders. What can cause that to happen? Wasn't boosting or under load. I've been fighting this miata for at least two months now and I'm loosing my mind. Thanks in advance for any insight into this. I'm trying to learn and absorb as much information as possible. Oh Jesse says to use the options port on ecu. Maybe I didn't see it but would like an options port for methanol injection eventually. If I can get it ever to run. Thanks.
Silverguy80

Re: Newbie question? Also mac valve setup?

Post by Silverguy80 »

Nobody?
Silverguy80

Post by Silverguy80 »

I'm going to put my speedyefi on this car for now. Hopefully it'll work.
duhafnusa4
contributor
contributor
Github Username: duhafnusa4
Slack: Jimmy *un*el

Post by duhafnusa4 »

can you clearly state the specific questions you are asking? that will help :)