Interruption on run

Tuning, troubleshooting and the nitty gritty of using rusEFI to make your engine run nicely!
stwillocks
Github Username: stwillocks
Slack: Suleyman TURAN

Interruption on run

Post by stwillocks »

Hello,

I have a some problem that I can't understand why. While I am tuning the car, when I am full throttle and run for fine tune afr etc., engine stops momentarily at high rpm, sometimes stops completely sometimes works again. when i checked log file, it showed trigger error. Then I changed CPS and the error gone. After that, i was happily full throttling the car then it showed up again. If you can check log files you can see DutyCycle of injectors is hitting %90.

tuning file and logs below:
https://rusefi.com/online/?vehicleName=LK723&user_id=1412&sorts[uploadedMsq]=-1&sorts[uploadedLog]=-1
-STRD
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering, "supernatural" is null word.
-Robert Heinlein
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Interruption on run

Post by AndreyB »

Please upgrade to latest snapshot it has some extra logging in the trigher area, and post a fresh log

For your MRE its https://rusefi.com/build_server/rusefi_bundle_mre_f4.zip
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
stwillocks

Post by stwillocks »

uploaded new logs first 2 of the new logs, while idling. Latest one is while runing. TS showed trg err at 5kish rpm then i pulled my feet off from throttle

https://rusefi.com/online/index.php?vehicleName=LK723&user_id=1412&sorts[uploadedMsq]=-1&sorts[uploadedLog]=-1
-STRD
-Robert Heinlein
stwillocks

Post by stwillocks »

Note: ckp distance to the wheel around 3mm
CKP is VR
-STRD
-Robert Heinlein
stwillocks

Post by stwillocks »

update:

1- CKP is now closer to the wheel. ~1mm, still same
2- ECU is now reporting error on stimulator at ~4k rpm, got nothing on QC test firmware (burnt? will find out)
3- I've plugged a new MRE which tested on another car. At first it was fine. After some runs started to get trigger errs.(maybe external fans caused something?)
4- Reread the step 2.
5- I got touch with the guy who wired the car. I believe he messed up the wiring.
6- I will redo all the wiring by myself and I will seek for possible causes. just waiting for my new portable oscilloscope.

will update further
-STRD
-Robert Heinlein
MHTSOS
Github Username: MHTSOSVOODOO
Slack: Dimitri C

Post by MHTSOS »

The VR wire is shielded? This is quite important for interference from electrical noise. Also the route it takes through the engine bay. Avoid going near ignition coils and spark plug wires.

Στάλθηκε από το VOG-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

stwillocks

Post by stwillocks »

MHTSOS wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:43 am
The VR wire is shielded? This is quite important for interference from electrical noise. Also the route it takes through the engine bay. Avoid going near ignition coils and spark plug wires.

Yes its shielded and the wire is going with injector cables, thats a faul I know. I think voltage spikes from car fans caused this, because it as only switch to on/off -no relay-. so the wiring guy messed up so badly.

BTW believe or not I saw a CKP wiring with a speaker cable, and the engine was working lol
-STRD
-Robert Heinlein
MHTSOS
Github Username: MHTSOSVOODOO
Slack: Dimitri C

Post by MHTSOS »

Once you get the oscilloscope you'll have a much clearer idea of what's the root cause.
Another thing. How are your grounds? I hope the guy that made the wiring kept the sensor ground separate from power ground. Where is the fan motor grounded?