TS KIA TPS calibration

This means Hellen
Kristian

TS KIA TPS calibration

Post by Kristian »

Hi, I'm having an issue with the TPS on a 91 Miata, I've recently purchased a 91 PNP hellen rev B unit. I have swapped out the TPS for a Kia unit,I have moved the pins around on the TPS connector and managed to calibrate the TPS thru TS tools. The values I get are ball park, foot off 260, foot on, 980. however on restart TS is coming up with an error, despite the TS throttle gauge showing 0-100% when I depress the throttle. Check configuration "Tps1Primary" problem :open 0.00/closed0.00 cal values are too close together. Check your calibration an wiring. What am I doing wrong?
1991 1.6 Mazda Eunos Roadster, 5sp, Normally Aspirated
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: TS KIA TPS calibration

Post by AndreyB »

Sounds like calibration is not being saved.

Are you hitting 'burn'? Do you calibrate while engine is running? Do you see "unsaved changes" indicator in TS?

Try saving some other setting maybe vehicle name. Does that get saved?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
BeerMoneyMotorsports

Post by BeerMoneyMotorsports »

Please attach screenshots and log link from reo. To note, you do not rewire for kia tps. It is pnp for us.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I'll repin back to original, I wasn't getting a reading before. will try starting again with fresh project. Thanks
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

re-pined to original, values are now backwards, but all errors are cleared. car starts, smell rich and rough, Hi idle (1400) and dies after a few seconds. So i guess I'm on the right track. thanks