[help needed] Hello From NJ !

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
nowski1991

Hello From NJ !

Post by nowski1991 »

Hello everybody !

Greeting from the wonderful state of New jersey. Just wound up picking up another car 1994 Mazda Miata. The car is running rusefi and this is pretty much my first time messing with the program. My previous car was running Aem ems-4 so this is all new to me. I purchased tunerstudio MS Ultra to try to mess with some settings as the car runs and drives okay but cold start and idle is very rich (10.0 on the wideband). If I run the autotune it will clean it all right up and bring AFR to 14.7 but as soon as the car is shut off and restarted it reverts right back to previous settings. Im definitely no tuner I would like to at least learn the basics as to where to start. The car is rotrex supercharged and has a/c which from what i have read makes things a little more tricky. Please any input will be greatly appreciated thank you :D
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Hello From NJ !

Post by AndreyB »

Just realized that I've never responded. Did you figure this out or did you throw rusEfi away?

The thing is you cannot save settings while engine is running. You can only save while your RPM is zero since saving data freezes the ECU for a couple of seconds.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
stefanst
contributor
contributor

Re: Hello From NJ !

Post by stefanst »

That's the unit I set up for Joe about 2 years back. The new owner [nowski 1991] has been trying to sell the unit on NJ Miatas. Not sure if he ever did.