[rusEfi] Audi Coupe Quattro 20V (7A)

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Horsty

Audi Coupe Quattro 20V (7A)

Post by Horsty »

I just copied the post from the welcome thread to get the technical stuff started. :D

I have a Audi Coupé Quattro 20V (7A engine / 5-cylinder) which comes standard with a Hitachi (2-connector) engine control unit and i already upgraded it to the later 4-connector Hitachi version.

that gave me a better idle control valve, a real tps sensor (not just idle and full throttle switch), and i was so able to connect the newer hitachi ecu to the vw dignostics tool. -> vcds or vagcom

setup right now:
- tps sensor
- 2x knock sensor (one for cylinder 1,2,3 and one for cylinder 4,5)
- Ignision Distibutor with hallsensor
- 2x vr sensor at the flywheel (1x VR crankhome 1 teeth and 1x VR 135 crankteeth)
- 3-pin pwm idle control valve
- MAF
- 5x Bosch 315cc injection valves
- narrow band o2-sensor

the main problem is, that the idle is pretty shitty and you have to tune the engines idle rpm and AF-ratio with the engine running in diagnostic mode and some sort of o2-test equipment. On top of this in many times the engine dies in diagnostic mode. that whole thing is quite a pain in the ass.

so i want to bring it to some sort of this in the future:
- rusefi ecu 8-)
- tps sensor
- 2x knock sensor
- map sensor
- intake air temperature sensor
- baro correction (i read its not yet supported atm?!)
- crank sensor (60/2 if required)
- camsensor
- electrical gaspedal (i have a audi a4 b5 gaspedal laying around)
- electrical throttle body (i don't know which one yet)
- wide band o2-sensor

and i think the injectors can stay. they should be good for now.
Track: Audi Coupé Quattro R5 Bj. '89 | 2.3 Liter | 7A | 170 bhp | Perlwhite L0A9
Daily 2014- : Volkswagen Lupo Bj. '99 | 1,0 Liter | ALL | 50 bhp | Flashred LP3G --> conversion to AEX 1.4 8v 60 bhp --> conversion to AEE 1.6 8v 75 bhp
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V (7A)

Post by AndreyB »

Horsty wrote:- electrical gaspedal (i have a audi a4 b5 gaspedal laying around)
- electrical throttle body (i don't know which one yet)
- wide band o2-sensor
the wide band sensor would require a wideband controller since rusEfi wbo controller would not happen until somebody implements it one day. We have hardware progress and now I am totally not having time to even solver the 2nd revision of the board.

ETB. Why do you need/want it? If you are a software developer it could be a cool thing to play with, but as of today we pretty much do not have ETB here. Again, would not happen until somebody develops it :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Horsty

Post by Horsty »

etb is actually just a nice to have and not really needed.
it would make the whole cruise control thing theoretically a little bit easier i guess. :D

oohh... i have propably overlooked that there is no wbo controller yet... damn, my fault.
Track: Audi Coupé Quattro R5 Bj. '89 | 2.3 Liter | 7A | 170 bhp | Perlwhite L0A9
Daily 2014- : Volkswagen Lupo Bj. '99 | 1,0 Liter | ALL | 50 bhp | Flashred LP3G --> conversion to AEX 1.4 8v 60 bhp --> conversion to AEE 1.6 8v 75 bhp
ItaloManyak

Post by ItaloManyak »

Do not reinvent the wheel!
you need to set everything as 2.2T AAN engine.
and Turbo too :D
I have 2.2T (ADU) for a long time.
built 7A engine turbine.
If you do not push the boost greater than 1 bar all will work in the stock motor