[help needed] E C U

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Flembo

Extreme virgin from south east england

Post by Flembo »

Hi all, really need some input here. I have got a Mercedes w203 c class v6 and auto box complete with wiring loom and a few ecu's thrown in. I have had the engine running(well hobbling along) on the bench,so I know the enginge runs. What i need to know is, is there a way of reproducing the main engine ecu along with the transmission ecu by building my own. I understand that software is involved down the line. Will try and crack that at some point. The reason i am asking is the wiring and ecu were kept in dampish storage so i am not to sure of the actual condition and with wiring i would rather do new wires. This will not be going back in to a car it is intended for a trike so i can doo away with the majority of the relays fuses and plugs
suppose i just need to be able to have the air sensor, fuels speed, crank and cam and maybe a few instruments. I do not want to reverse engineer any software just want a up and running trike.

Thank you in advance
Flembo
Flembo

E C U

Post by Flembo »

Hi all Mark from south east UK, totally new to this scene,so please be gentle. I would like to know if it is possible to replicate a couple of Mercedes ecu's, I do not mean reverse engineer them,but to construct the actual ecu's. I have acquired a merc engine along with auto box. I need the two to talk to each other. I have the original ecu's and i know software will play a major part after the hopeful build. If it is possible, what board and so forth do i need, I am not to bad with soldering

Thank you in advance
Flembo :?
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: E C U

Post by kb1gtt »

Hello and welcome along.

Have you found the wiki? Just in case you have not, you may find this link interesting.
https://rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual:Hardware_Frankenso_board

About engine control, that should be within the normal stuff that rusEFI does. About the transmission controller, that's a different situation. Do you know what the signals are that go to the transmission? There may or may not be enough IO on the frankenso to do this. It may require an external board of some sorts. We would need to know more about what it physically needs, as well we would need better know your capabilities. Do you have a scope, electrical experience, etc. What's your skill set.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Hi, thank you for your prompt reply. I will find out exactly what signals goes to and from the transmission, and post them up.
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

I am reading through this website.
https://vector.com/vi_autosar_solutions_en.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_MOG0pW82wIVA7ftCh1JCQySEAAYASAAEgJecvD_BwE

I think I am in the right place,I am trying to work out exactly what i need to be read and sent, as i do not need all of them. If i can reduce the amount needed whilst still maintaining safety ,i will be a happy bunny. I do fully appreciate that this will be no easy task for someone like me,but i am up for a challenge. Whilst reading through several things on the web related to automatic transmission modules communicating to the main ecu. I am trying to understand that if i do away with say the cruise control functionality,what would be the effect further down the line. Just one of the things i realise i have to understand.