[help needed] New and Need Help! Carb to EFI

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Bullhoose

New and Need Help! Carb to EFI

Post by Bullhoose »

Hello guy's and gal's! I need any and all recommendations that you can give me. I'm building a Porsche 914-4 powered rail buggy and wanting to convert it from carbs to EFI. Basically all that I will have involved with the system is 4 injectors, 2 throttle bodies, a single 02 sensor and 2 MAF sensors ( 1 on either Throttle body ) and some type of controller. I will be picking up my tach signal from the distributor to signal the firing of the injector.
My question is what controller board/kit do I need?
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: New and Need Help! Carb to EFI

Post by kb1gtt »

2X MAF? Any chance that is MAP? Why are there 2X of them? I'm assuming it's an horizontal engine with one carb out each side.

For crank angle how many pulses per rotation do you have? Also do you have a cam signal to indicate 360 degree, vs 720 degrees?

What kind of spark plug system are you running? I'm mostly interested in where your igniter is. Are you planning for fuel and spark, or just fuel?

From a physical stand point, I think the Frankenso gets you there. My concern is software. We currently run one MAP or MAF to control fuel. A question for russian, how hard would it be to allow a 2nd map or maf, to control injectors 3 and 4?
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

It looks like this discussion is being brought up over here. Please migrate this discussion to here https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1485
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Bullhoose

Post by Bullhoose »

Thank you sir. I’ll check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk