[rusEfi] Nissan on Frankenso #47

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
filip5
donator
donator

Re: Nissan on Frankenso #47

Post by filip5 »

Somehow the problem showed up on another port/pin not related at all with Auxiliary valves. This time is pin PE4 which I am using for idle valve. No pin for debug sync is being used or assigned in TS project as it can be seen but apparently assignment exist in Frankesnso from Rusefi bundle hex file that it was programmed and Frankenso is not releasing it..
But I found a tricky solution how this pin can be released. If I assign to my project Debug sync another pin let say PA0 and then trying to write again, if PA0 is occupied it will show the error again but if I go back to NONE for Debug sync finally Frankenso will release PE4 and I can use it for idle valve.
I just thought to pass this info to you if you find it helpful. For me I found a solution going forward. I don't that tune will be helpful now that problem is fixed. Let me know if you still need it.
image.png
image.png (370.01 KiB) Viewed 8208 times
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

Does anybody know if display control has been removed from latest rusefi bundle?
I don't get display running with the latest hex.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

filip5 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:07 am
Does anybody know if display control has been removed from latest rusefi bundle?
I don't get display running with the latest hex.
I don't think it was
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

Also on TS the test idle valve button seem to crash the controller
But test idle valve works fine on Rusefi.exe
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

Since December Rusefi release the LED display does not seem to work upon chip being programmed with the hex or bin. Can this be fixed ? Has anybody tried this and works?
Attachments
Display not working.jpg
Display not working.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 7474 times
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

You could be the only person who uses that LCD :( And very few Frankenso are being actively used these days. I am not sure if I have any working Frankenso, I probably do but focused on something else :( Sorry

Can you stay on December version for now?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

Ok, so display is no longer used then? What is the display being used now? I got this from you. Where can I get the correct one?
mck1117
running engine in first post
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

The display should still work, in theory, just very few people use it.
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

Ok. I will stay on November values because december does not work . I would appreciate if this is fixed.
One more thing, this is like a suggestion. All along the engine has had hard time to start when cold. It takes about 4 to 5 sec to start. After it starts one time the following times is fine, starts immediately.
Everything was tried to resolve this issue by adding fuel on cranking, playing with ignition advance, everything to no avail. However I was able to fix the issue. The issue is fixed if I can go to bench test and prime injectors before start by clicking each of them to test. That kind of prepare the engines to start. After that the engine would start the same as my latest 2019 car. Does this feature exist in Rusefi? If not can you add a prime feature on injectors let say a 2ms injector after the start button is pressed? I assume it is start/stop button but I don't see that button being used on Rusefi while main relay is used on PD7. How do you activate main relay ? Is there an input for engine to start on Rusefi default hex?
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

this looks like your contrast level is too high. i had a similar problem in a different setup. if I recall it correctly, you need to play with voltage on the contrast pin of that lcd module (v0) - is it also connected to frankenso?
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

yes it is connected.It is not a contrast issue. Working display always shows 4 active lines not 2.
Dron_Gus
contributor
contributor
Github Username: dron0gus

Post by Dron_Gus »

filip5 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:30 pm
Since December Rusefi release the LED display does not seem to work upon chip being programmed with the hex or bin. Can this be fixed ? Has anybody tried this and works?
Sorry. This is due to bug introduced by me, during cleaning up. Should be fixed after https://github.com/rusefi/rusefi/pull/2576 merged.
filip5
donator
donator

Post by filip5 »

Thank you.