Hello again. Been gone for several years

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Dodge_470_B

Hello again. Been gone for several years

Post by Dodge_470_B »

Was working with Megasquirt until they went proprietary and it was no longer possible to continue. Was working on creating a version of there board strictly for Mopars. Then found this site which sounded interesting, but needed some more work. I wanted to not have any wires jumpering to make the system work. The microRusEFI looks very nice. I want to try one on
a 5.7 Dodge Hemi, A Kz1300 Kawasaki, a ZG1000 Kawasaki. The bikes would be ignition only, at least for now. The 1300 is a water cooled inline 6, using wasted spark. Think the Hemi will need some learning as it runs 8 coils and 8 injectors. A few more out puts then available on the microRusEFI. So here I am again. Thanks for all of the wonderful work on this, looks to be several fun projects here. I think the 5.7 will require using 2 microRusEFI units to fully control it. Bet it would run on only 4 coil igniters, using wasted spark. But then what would I do with the other 8 spark plugs. Anyway glad to be back.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Hello again. Been gone for several years

Post by AndreyB »

The demo of using two microRusEFI was just a publicity stunt, please do not use two microRusEFI on the same engine :)

We have a number of promising boards coming which would be better suited for v8. See https://github.com/rusefi/rusefi/wiki/Hardware

For today I would love to sell you an MRE for your 4 cylinder applications :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
mck1117
running engine in first post
running engine in first post

Re: Hello again. Been gone for several years

Post by mck1117 »

Dodge_470_B wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Was working with Megasquirt until they went proprietary and it was no longer possible to continue. Was working on creating a version of there board strictly for Mopars. Then found this site which sounded interesting, but needed some more work. I wanted to not have any wires jumpering to make the system work. The microRusEFI looks very nice. I want to try one on
a 5.7 Dodge Hemi, A Kz1300 Kawasaki, a ZG1000 Kawasaki. The bikes would be ignition only, at least for now. The 1300 is a water cooled inline 6, using wasted spark. Think the Hemi will need some learning as it runs 8 coils and 8 injectors. A few more out puts then available on the microRusEFI. So here I am again. Thanks for all of the wonderful work on this, looks to be several fun projects here. I think the 5.7 will require using 2 microRusEFI units to fully control it. Bet it would run on only 4 coil igniters, using wasted spark. But then what would I do with the other 8 spark plugs. Anyway glad to be back.
It is currently not recommended to try and run more than a 4 cylinder with microRusefi. With smart coils you could run wasted spark ignition, but we can't reliably drive that many injectors. The dual ECU stunt was just that: a stunt. There was some hacking to get that to work, and it's not worth doing the work to make it work reliably and actually be usable.

Software wise, all those engines sound very doable (on a single ECU :lol: ). I've been semi-daily-driving a v8 on rusEfi for a few months now without issue.