...and yet another couple Engineers

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
TopDown

...and yet another couple Engineers

Post by TopDown »

Hello Everybody,
5 years ago I started reading your website and loved it quite a bit. Then life and ugly circumstances got in the way for a bit. Now I'm back, but this time with my son in tow. He too is nearly an electrical engineer and a more talented software developer than his dad. He is anxious to get his hands dirty and flex his mental muscle in this arena. He is not only adept at the higher level languages, but has been schooled in the more stringent requirements of real-time power control engineering using not only C, C++, but also Assembly if and when the need should ever arrive.

I'm an electrical engineer in the Sacramento, California area. I have a varied set of skill(s) to choose from so here goes. I have been a mechanic starting from 47 years ago, an electrical engineer from about 30 years ago, and presently work around a production machine shop. I have designed controllers and their attendant PCBs for nearly 30 years and am still in that arena. As a matter of course, I have worked extensively debugging bad wiring on virtually anything and everything, rebuilt countless engines, a number of automatic and manual transmissions, and still enjoy doing all of the above as well as teaching it whenever the opportunity arrives.

I thought to get into a conversion using your product (MRE) on one of my varied projects/automotive friends (2-Jag XK8s, 1-Daimler Double 6(V12), 1-MGB, 1-Honda Accord, 1-Infinity Q45, 1-Toyota PU, 1-Ford E-350). Yes, they are my friends as we have become close over the many years and even more miles together.

The present project is a 1979 Toyota PU 2WD with a 20R engine which has been converted to a stock more modern '98 Toyota 2RZ engine (2.4L 4cyl) and 5-spd. I have chosen to add a number of features as a result of the conversion. They are: power steering, a dry sump oiling, dual electric scavenge pumps, more modern electronic dash with touch screens, etc.

While I have the stock ECU that came with the engine and harness, etc., I have chosen to leave it completely out of the reckoning and jump right into converting it to operate on MRE. I see I have to add a VR conditioner (opamp) to the circuit to accept the CAM sensor, but that's no issue.

So while I am by no means a newbie, with RUSEFI, I am a newbie and would appreciate any simple or complicated help I can receive on this. Furthermore, as I have a useful skill set to this group, please don't hesitate to ask for any help as well.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: ...and yet another couple Engineers

Post by AndreyB »

Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Simon@FutureProof
contributor
contributor
Github Username: Orchardperformance
Slack: Orchardperformance

Re: ...and yet another couple Engineers

Post by Simon@FutureProof »

Welcome to the madhouse. :lol:

Another C++ developer on board would be a massive help.
Now keeping MRE in stock in the UK - https://www.FutureProofPerformance.com