1JZ VVTI 3rd Generation single factory turbo with 30-41LE

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

1JZ VVTI 3rd Generation single factory turbo with 30-41LE

Post by porelmundo »

Hello, I want to document one of the latest install with rusefi and Proteus, this time is a JDM 1JZ GTE VVTI 3rd Generation with a 30-41LE J2 automatic transmission installed in a Lexus IS250.
Most of my work is related to Toyota JZ series engines and corresponded transmissions where all applications are for street, rally and drag racing.
I manage to tap and install new connectors on the factory loom and retaining almost all factory functionality with some spare O/I for future mods. Having previous experience with mayor aftermarket ECU’s I have to say that I’m very happy with the functionality of the RUSEFI code, having the opportunity to connect and later configure on TS is a mayor plus, always having a pad to write down pins/connectors reference always help. I know that with time things going to be much better with hard work. I can be talking all day on things that I will improve or change but not always my thugs are the same vision of the developers so one step at a time.
The 1JZ 3rd Gen is similar configuration than a 2JZ so I have the chance to use same config as my previews installs, at this point 100% of the engine is running without modifications to the stock loom, engine or sensors. The fun start integrating the automatic transmission with the ecu.
At This point the 30-41LE that is the same as the AISIN A340/341 its been wired using one generic PWM to the Line pressure control solenoid and another for the back pressure accumulator, this 2 solenoids works on linear form so any linear PWM will do it base on TPS, 0 duty is max pressure. The rest of the functionality will be connected to a simple TCU controller of my own design. Depends on transmission version you will have more or less internal solenoids but all of them works the same, old ones have the line pressure by a throttle cable and some lexus GS300/400 have 7 solenoids as the one in this engine. The functionality on this transmission, it base on sol 1 and sol 2 that are the shifting solenoids sol 3 is convertor lock, 4 line pressure, 5 accumulator pressure, 6 and 7 are parking preventing that will be not connected at this moment.
I will update soon, thank you for reading.
IMG_7225_HEVC.MOV
(4.72 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
Dont laugh at my ground cable, i was needing a ground for the throttle clutch :lol:
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Re: 1JZ VVTI 3rd Generation single factory turbo with 30-41LE

Post by Abricos »

great job ...
your experience is very interesting ...
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

One day we will add TCU :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

One day we will add TCU
i'm down to it, i will support with my expertise, testing and debugging, i will put some budget for it too. ;)