V12 M73 to Audi trans, with Proteus in Lamborghini Replicas

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Lambo97

Re: V12 M73 to Audi trans, with Proteus in Lamborghini Replicas

Post by Lambo97 »

I'll perform a run up to operating temp next post. I'll show the AFR delta just after idle and at operating temp. I'm hoping the 3/8ish ID hose will get me closer to balanced. Last run I was 1.4 delta between banks at operating temp.
Zeiss
Github Username: HeinrichG-V12

Post by Zeiss »

mck1117 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:18 pm
I'm (slowly) working on adding a small table to adjust throttle-to-throttle trim instead of a hack like that.
Mat, you are the best! I am waiting impatiently for it. Why not the "right" etb synchronization with two MAFs or MAPs? I think the effort would be similar, isn't?

@lambo97:

Instead of this plastic stuff:

you can use a cover from M70 engine. This cover has a number 1161 1718524 and has an M12x1.5 thread in it, so that you can screw in a nozzle for a hose and then it is also absolutely tight. The IAT sensors are installed on the M70 in this position. If you want, I can double check the distance between the screws to ensure the accuracy of fit.
Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Regards,
Heinrich

My GitHub
mck1117
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

Zeiss wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:42 pm
Mat, you are the best! I am waiting impatiently for it. Why not the "right" etb synchronization with two MAFs or MAPs? I think the effort would be similar, isn't?
It's worth (read: probably necessary) to have either some localized (operating point) memory about how much split is required, or open loop compensation to cover the bulk of the split. A table provides that "bulk" open loop compensation. We can then add closed loop compensation on top of that that doesn't have to work as hard, since it's mostly covered already.

This is the same design philosophy we use for other stuff too. For example: electronic throttle itself (bias table to compensate out the spring), fueling (VE table models most of the engine, closed loop fuel on top), and per-bank fueling (we have per-cylinder trim tables, and also per-bank closed loop fuel).
Zeiss

Post by Zeiss »

Thanks for the explanation.

In my M70 setup, I will install two MAFs (one per bank), connect both to ecu, but configure only one for control, the second will be "just so". Then I will connect the both banks (a kind of "balancing hose") that the air mass in both banks is still the same, no matter if the throttles are "in sync" or not. What do you think of this idea? I know you don't like MAFs so much....
Regards,
Heinrich

My GitHub
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

No, I don't mind MAFs, they're ok!

That scheme should work fine. If/when we build proper "full" multi-bank fueling (multiple MAFs, each control some cylinders), then it'll be trivial to enable that and remove the balance tube.
Zeiss

Post by Zeiss »

mck1117 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:44 pm
If/when we build proper "full" multi-bank fueling (multiple MAFs, each control some cylinders), then it'll be trivial to enable that and remove the balance tube.
That was exactly my thought too! Even without the "balance tube" it should be possible with the help of both MAFs to compensate the deviations of the ETBs by the value adjustment (ADC min/max i.e.), something like this. Balance tube is then the final adjustment so to say. The more precisely the ETBs are adjusted to each other, the less the balance tube has to do.
Regards,
Heinrich

My GitHub
Lambo97

Post by Lambo97 »

Zeiss wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:42 pm

@lambo97:

Instead of this plastic stuff:
The M73 has a long angled plastic tube inside the intake that condenses oil vapor. It connects to the center of the this plastic PCV end cap. Without it I wouldn't have PCV. I don't mind the black it fits the motif.
Lambo97

Post by Lambo97 »

Latest update after a few setting changes to get the throttle to respond better. There about 1 inch play in the pedal before it starts engaging the throttle so we're having a tough time getting our foot down to the point where it engages the pedal. That should be fixed with a change of a spring, but overall she starts and runs well in Idle. Waiting for a warm day now to take it around the block to get some baseline VE tuning.

Just a note that my phone seemed to have reduced clipping of the audio by reducing volume when he blipped the throttle. I was startled by how loud and high pitched the engine screamed which isn't in the video. In person the engine has more of that high pitched ring and loudness that isn't coming through int he video. But in any case I'm happy with the cold start and idle, time for the freaking sun to come out!

AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

tune and log...
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Lambo97

Post by Lambo97 »

Just a note Andrey that the Legacy console, thinks the 0.2 proteus board is F7 and won't let me DFU. I downloaded the F7 Firmware and used the console from that package to DFU then used the correct Legacy firmware and it works. Not sure how the consoles got mixed up.
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

Lambo97 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 am
Just a note Andrey that the Legacy console, thinks the 0.2 proteus board is F7 and won't let me DFU. I downloaded the F7 Firmware and used the console from that package to DFU then used the correct Legacy firmware and it works. Not sure how the consoles got mixed up.
We recently switched that, should be fixed now. There are so few legacy proteus out there (5 total maybe?) that it's not a big deal for a one-time fix. It should work fine for you the next time you go to update.
fobermueller
Github Username: fobermueller

Post by fobermueller »

I am new to this group. I am exploring building a midengine lambo or F40 with a V12 engine. This V12 M73 Audi trans looks promising. Would it be possible to get more info ?