VAG ME7.5 build

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
deaner

Re: VAG ME7.5 build

Post by deaner »

Ethanol contents a pretty steady 10% at the pumps here in SW Idaho. At least for the time that I was actually monitoring it via FF sensor. Reminds me, still need to set get that working too.... Big old heck yes to running closed loop!

I'll post my rune up tonight. I'd blanked out last night getting stuff done around the house. Did change the oil and double checked my tune from my other ecu and my dead times were different. It all came back to me as soon as I'd seen the scaling lol. I was chasing high trims so manually dialed in the deadtimes. Punched those into Rusefi amd got VE back down a bit. The car moved under it's own power so that's a plus. Something weird with the ETB again... with the laptop not hooked up the ETB stops working after I shut it off. Sits at a fixed opening once started again and the throttle is dead. Not sure what the deal is, didnt have time to look last night.
mck1117
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

Oh, if you have your flex sensor hooked up, you can just look at the E content on the gauge in TS :)
deaner

Post by deaner »

mck1117 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:06 pm
Oh, if you have your flex sensor hooked up, you can just look at the E content on the gauge in TS :)
I just need to literally push the pin into the ampseal and it will be operational lol. Next time I have it apart Ill get it together.

Posted my current tune FYI.
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

deaner wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:47 am
mck1117 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:06 pm
I just need to literally push the pin into the ampseal and it will be operational lol. Next time I have it apart Ill get it together.

Posted my current tune FYI.
Cool, I'll have a look thru it tonight.
deaner

Post by deaner »

mck1117 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:48 am
Cool, I'll have a look thru it tonight.
Greatly appreciated. Thanks!
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

Nothing particularly offensive in there.
  • It looks like you have the fuel pressure compensation mode set to "sensed pressure", but you have no fuel pressure sensor configured?
  • You don't need the VE/AFR overrides set, as those use MAP by default when in speed density mode.
  • Once you have the flex sensor hooked up, you should set the E0 stoich back to 14.7.
  • afaik, your engine is 1.781 liters, not exactly 1.8, which would contribute ~1% to the richness.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

mck1117 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:36 pm
  • It looks like you have the fuel pressure compensation mode set to "sensed pressure", but you have no fuel pressure sensor configured?
https://github.com/rusefi/rusefi/issues/2445
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute