C230k M111 with future Turbo or Twincharging build with Hellen 128

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
FineWhine

C230k M111 with future Turbo or Twincharging build with Hellen 128

Post by FineWhine »

Hello, owner of a nice old merc with a 111.975 atm, soon to be 111.982 with rods and ported and worked head and totally refreshed engine.

My old C230k has had it´s issues with tuning, and it's started to hinder my progress on building the m111 to what I want.

My current build is:
Rennsport SMF 7.6kg
500nm organic clutch and HD Sachs pressure plate
3 inch exhaust with 100 Cell Race Cat, full flow resonator and a 3 Inch Varex muffler
custom/homemade exhaust manifold
AEM X Series Wideband with Bosch 4.9 LSU
Protec VAG 1-6 BAR Adjustable FPR
Saab brown 346cc Injectors
68mm MAF housing from E240 V6 M112 and PIerburg MAF
Ported and smoothed supercharger intake and outlet
Machined OEM magnetic Supercharger pulley to 86mm at teeth
Speer 220mm Crank Pulley adapter
540x230x65 intercooler
Cold air intake down to the bumper
ME2.1 swapped from ME2.0 to be able to flash tune it
Custom ECU tune with higher standstill RPM limiter, Higher RPM limiter, No boost limiter, adjusted fueling and ignition timing etc.
Firestorm Ignition Booster
XYZ Supersport suspension/Coilovers

What´s coming:
Looking to get up to 500bhp

Engine swap to 111.982 from 111.975 due to head design and engine rebuild and compression ratio etc.
The 111.975 cams will be put in the 982 head due to higher lift and sensor incompatibility.
Polyurethane bushings in the rear
Custom intake to be ablet to fit larger throttle bodies than 56mm
Turbo, possibly even routing the supercharger to feed the turbo via custom outlet pipe.
066 255lph fuel pump
800cc Injectors or more(NOT DECIDED YET)
RusEFI Hellen128 with a GOOD tune, not street tuned.
Wavetraq or Quaife LSD and some upgraded axles.
6 Speed Gear Box swap or ZF gearbox if the gearbox cant take the power.

There is probably even more than that that will be added in the future. Engine swap will commence tomorrow and be done through the weekend.

The best part of getting into RusEFI right now is the modularity it brings with a plug and play ECU.
As my build will be a somewhat illegal between the inspections/MOT and swapping ECU´s from RusEFI and stock including surrounding hardware like injectors and turbo to just a T3>pipe>downpipe will get me through inspection every time.

Looking forward to continue the build.
duhafnusa4
contributor
contributor
Github Username: duhafnusa4
Slack: Jimmy *un*el

Re: C230k M111 with future Turbo or Twincharging build with Hellen 128

Post by duhafnusa4 »

Hi there!

Glad to have another twincharged M111 build on here :D

Looking forward to pics!
FineWhine

Post by FineWhine »

FineWhine wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:39 pm
Hello, owner of a nice old merc with a 111.975 atm, soon to be 111.982 with rods and ported and worked head and totally refreshed engine.

My old C230k has had it´s issues with tuning, and it's started to hinder my progress on building the m111 to what I want.

My current build is:
Rennsport SMF 7.6kg
500nm organic clutch and HD Sachs pressure plate
3 inch exhaust with 100 Cell Race Cat, full flow resonator and a 3 Inch Varex muffler
custom/homemade exhaust manifold
AEM X Series Wideband with Bosch 4.9 LSU
Protec VAG 1-6 BAR Adjustable FPR
Saab brown 346cc Injectors
68mm MAF housing from E240 V6 M112 and PIerburg MAF
Ported and smoothed supercharger intake and outlet
Machined OEM magnetic Supercharger pulley to 86mm at teeth
Speer 220mm Crank Pulley adapter
540x230x65 intercooler
Cold air intake down to the bumper
ME2.1 swapped from ME2.0 to be able to flash tune it
Custom ECU tune with higher standstill RPM limiter, Higher RPM limiter, No boost limiter, adjusted fueling and ignition timing etc.
Firestorm Ignition Booster
XYZ Supersport suspension/Coilovers

What´s coming:
Looking to get up to 500bhp

Engine swap to 111.982 from 111.975 due to head design and engine rebuild and compression ratio etc.
The 111.975 cams will be put in the 982 head due to higher lift and sensor incompatibility.
Polyurethane bushings in the rear
Custom intake to be ablet to fit larger throttle bodies than 56mm
Turbo, possibly even routing the supercharger to feed the turbo via custom outlet pipe.
066 255lph fuel pump
800cc Injectors or more(NOT DECIDED YET)
RusEFI Hellen128 with a GOOD tune, not street tuned.
Wavetraq or Quaife LSD and some upgraded axles.
6 Speed Gear Box swap or ZF gearbox if the gearbox cant take the power.

There is probably even more than that that will be added in the future. Engine swap will commence tomorrow and be done through the weekend.

The best part of getting into RusEFI right now is the modularity it brings with a plug and play ECU.
As my build will be a somewhat illegal between the inspections/MOT and swapping ECU´s from RusEFI and stock including surrounding hardware like injectors and turbo to just a T3>pipe>downpipe will get me through inspection every time.

Looking forward to continue the build.
Got some 980CC Bosch injectors "0 280 158 040"
New engine is in, but still has to be assembled completely.

With a few finds. 975 crank pulley isnt right offset for this 982 engine, ribs don't line up, ended up running the 982 crank pulley and deleted the M62 supercharger for now. Might add the facelift M45 supercharger later for twincharging or get the 975 crank pulley machined to the correct offset and swap alternator/supercharger bracket to fit M62 supercharger instead.
Facelift intake cam is higher lift and duration than prefacelift, but facelift exhaust cams are lower lift longer duration.
Facelift intake and prefacelift exhaust is in place.

I´ll update once I get the car running and have received the RusEFI ECU.
duhafnusa4
contributor
contributor
Github Username: duhafnusa4
Slack: Jimmy *un*el

Post by duhafnusa4 »

can you provide the specific lift and duration of the cams for pre/post enignes?
FineWhine

Post by FineWhine »

duhafnusa4 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:47 pm
can you provide the specific lift and duration of the cams for pre/post enignes?
We didn't do much more than measure lobe height and somewhat lobe separation.

However the facelift intake camshaft has 1mm more lift measuring the lobes than the prefacelift one.

We got some great compression numbers from the 982 engine setup even when cold.
11.5 averaged across the cylinders when cold and hadn't been running for more than 15 seconds.
Mind the rings haven't been worn in and the engine was cold.
This compression rating seems to be due to the facelift head being changed to one with a smaller combustion chamber.

old 975 engines compression engines ranges from 7.5-10.5 compression numbers @ 80C operating temps.

What I need now is to know if the Hellen128 can handle FlexFuel Sensors. Because the increased compression and my power goals will end up needing a 98octane/e85 mixture.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

FineWhine wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:54 am
What I need now is to know if the Hellen128 can handle FlexFuel Sensors. Because the increased compression and my power goals will end up needing a 98octane/e85 mixture.
Probably? At the moment we have zero FlexFuel Sensors wired into any rusEFI both Hellen and not Hellen. See https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1324
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

I have your board ready but I am waiting for the next batch of powder coated cases. I hope to have an update on those in a week. Worst case I can ship you a unit in an ugly used case but my preference is sexy orange a bit later :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
FineWhine

Post by FineWhine »

Okey, I need help connecting Analog Input from AEM-X Series UEGO with LSU 4.9 into the board.

I have already been informed that I cannot wire the AEM´s 0-5v analog signal to the WBO.

I see that there is extension pads on this board, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what pin to solder it to.

P30 and p31 also looks usable with an option to set it as O2 or AUX in settings.

Some stuff I cannot set here and there for AUX stuff either in Tuner studio as I don't get all the options "AUX 1 to 4" should be available but I can only see 4.
md_sanci
Github Username: shadowm60
Slack: Alex M

Post by md_sanci »

Hello, i would proceed like this:
Input channel: P36_IN_O2S for EGO sensor.

Then connect a wire from P36 to P16.

P16 is connected to car connector pin E16.

Then just add a pin to car connector E16, and WBO should work
image.png
image.png (26.02 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
FineWhine

Post by FineWhine »

I cant just solder it directly to P36? I wont pin it into the harness, just solder it directly to the board.
md_sanci
Github Username: shadowm60
Slack: Alex M

Post by md_sanci »

FineWhine wrote:I cant just solder it directly to P36? I wont pin it into the harness, just solder it directly to the board.
That also work, only if no plug, if you need to take tge ecu out, you nees to cut or desolder

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk