[Success Story] UAZ469 Kia FE3 MRE Success [microRusEFI]

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
mtmotorsport

UAZ469 Kia FE3 MRE Success [microRusEFI]

Post by mtmotorsport »

I'd like to share a cool little project. For those you don't know what a UAZ 469 is, its a "utility vehicle" commonly used in the military, but also for civilian use. The original engine came to me broken (literally you could see the crankshaft without opening the engine) and the customer wanted to replace it with something more modern.

I settled on a Kia FE DOHC engine, 5 speed transmission and transfer case. Rational behind this decision was as follows. It is the newest, narrow 4 cylinder engine/trans/t-case setup that uses a right hand side front propellor shaft. I didn't want to swap the UAZ's axles to something that uses a left hand side front propellor shaft as that would be too much work.

I came across RusEFI and decided to give it a try. I'll admit I'm a bit of a standalone ecu hoarder. I've been tuning them for over 20 years, going back as far as DOS based AccelDFI stuff to current M1 Motec units and everything in between. Needless to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the unit and bought another one just to play with.

A couple videos /picture
PXL_20210329_152737089.jpg
PXL_20210329_152737089.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1422 times

Matt
MT Motorsport / EcotecMiata
BeerMoneyMotorsports

Re: UAZ469 Kia FE3 MRE Success

Post by BeerMoneyMotorsports »

This is really cool! I see you are Ecotec Miata as well? How is your engine management solution for those swaps?