2001 Miata HPDE Car

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
moistbrochure

2001 Miata HPDE Car

Post by moistbrochure »

Just bought a pnp kit from Beermoney. So, I guess its time to be a member and such.
The car is nearly a street car and a clean slate for anything I'll be doing on the RusEfi platform.

Currently has the basics for track day car: brakes, safety, aero, stock motor.
Hoping the car will be a nice, medium power miata, that revs fast. Currently not built to any particular class, but Nasa TT4/5 or Gridlife Club TR are the goals. (sub 200hp is a tough ask though).
felt cute. might delete
felt cute. might delete
IMG_0063.JPG (99.76 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
What kind of guy are you are?
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: 2001 Miata HPDE Car

Post by AndreyB »

Please remove Ford paint and apply rusEFI orange.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
stefanst
contributor
contributor

Post by stefanst »

What HP adders are you considering?
moistbrochure

Post by moistbrochure »

stefanst wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:27 am
What HP adders are you considering?
Probably gonna follow the lead on the e-itb's that beermoney is goofing around with right now. 160whp on a stock miata motor would be perfect for not adding weight in those classes.
moistbrochure

Post by moistbrochure »

So, I have a light flywheel and most of the tunes on the miatas aren't for N/A cars with one. Anyone have any tips on getting a very very quick throttle blip?
The lean spikes are pretty wide and the car. sputters and doesn't respond too well to really fast blips (10% - 50% like a downshift). Small throttle blips are not a big deal (like 10-20%). My latest tune is uploaded if anyone wants a sniff.

Good news is: the car is easily up and driving thanks to Jimmy and Jesse putting up with the newbieness I bring :lol: