[help needed] 99NB1 HPDE/Autox mobile Tony running BMM Helen

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
mrejda

99NB1 HPDE/Autox mobile Tony running BMM Helen

Post by mrejda »

Hello, looking to document my build with BMMs NB1 pnp unit here. Managed to get it started after plenty of help from Jesse
Motor: tired BP4W - stock and unopened
Spark: Flowforce r8 coils (wasted spark)
Fuel: DW200 pump & FF380 EV14 injectors (sequential)
36-2 Trigger wheel

I have a new motor waiting to be built and installed and so hoped to get the tune sorted out on my old motor before the swap. Only change will be the inclusion of the bp5a intake cam on the new head.

I used the data provided by DW & FF for the fuel and spark setting but am concerned I may have missed something. Info below:
r8 dwell.jpg
r8 dwell.jpg (156.43 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
r8 dwell batt.jpg
r8 dwell batt.jpg (90.8 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
FF380 DT.jpg
FF380 DT.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
I am still struggling with the on board WBO but would appreciate confirmation that I'm on the right track with other settings. I am 3 weeks out from an HPDE so clock's ticking!
Here is my tune - starts and idles roughly and of course is missing AF data. If a log is helpful I'll attach.
https://rusefi.com/online/view.php?msq=1129
nmstec
contributor
contributor

Re: 99NB1 HPDE/Autox mobile Tony running BMM Helen

Post by nmstec »

My friend, log and tune are ALWAYS required with any question. Please supply log. Without a log, we are guessing everything you're doing. We need to know what the car is doing, and why it is doing it.

Thank you!
"Dave B. 5:03 PM
Mark is an ass but by far the most potent combination of knowledgeable ass, smart ass, get it done ass and determined ass. and his ass consistently puts in time."

-Dave B, Hero, Tuner, and probably has a car.
mrejda

Post by mrejda »

Thanks and will do - logs at this point were just 20 seconds of idle with some throttle jabs. I'll attach it once I have it run enough to warm up.
BeerMoneyMotorsports

Post by BeerMoneyMotorsports »

Note, we have found that the WBO wiring was incorrect at the ecu connector. That is corrected and he is now going to make sure the index is correct and see if we have proper function. It does have a legit sensor, so that is not an issue.

For the injector dead time, you can use the flow force data. .928 at 13.2v is your start. from that number, use the multiplier at each voltage in the FF chart.

For instance, at 11v you would do 0.928 x 1.403 = 1.30

another note is that the 380 flow rate is for 3 bar. Your NB, if stock regulator, is 4 bar. Do you know what size you are set to? for the 380, i believe it should be 446cc with fixed pressure of 400.
mrejda

Post by mrejda »

Thanks Jesse! Updated those settings and confirmed index and can settings. Vid I sent shows bootloader firmware code I think. Index set to 0 (had red box around it)
Tune:https://rusefi.com/online/view.php?msq=1136
Log: https://rusefi.com/online/view.php?log=939
mrejda

Post by mrejda »

Little update - got an AEM X running through the analog output. Will be doing some street auto tuning for a week and then working with a remote tuner to get ready for Summit Main in a few weeks. Big thanks to Jesse to remoting in and getting me sorted!
mrejda

Post by mrejda »