1992 Miata

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
kep
Github Username: alrijleh

1992 Miata

Post by kep »

Hello all,

I've been tracking my NA6 for the last few years and decided it's about time to become part of the 100hp club. I'm completely new to EFI, so there will be a lot to learn.

I just received a Hellen64 from Beer Motorsports and got the car idling after a couple tweaks. More to come as the project unfolds
BeerMoneyMotorsports

Re: 1992 Miata

Post by BeerMoneyMotorsports »

Welcome! What are your plans?
kep

Post by kep »

Hi! we were chatting over FB messenger the other day.

The plan is to swap in a BP05 + MP62 supercharger. Hoping to arrive at a simple, <200hp setup for decent track reliability. To handle the power modifications, I'll be upgrading fueling, cooling, brakes, and drivetrain as well. I'll be using your KaN gauge for live diagnostics and will swap over to sequential fueling once we get the new motor running.

Couple future ideas:
* Wire the car to capture all user inputs for telemetry analysis: TPS, steering angle, brake pressure.
* I've read that some hot-side supercharger setups have idle issues that are solved with dual throttle bodies. If it comes to that, I'm considering a setup where the 2nd throttle body is DBW and has its position mapped to the TPS of the mechanic throttle body.
kep

Post by kep »

Took a few days, but the car is now happily driving on the new engine/supecharger. Did some work on the VE tables to smooth out the higher rpm/pressure cells where the car would get crazy rich and bog down. Idle is currently terrible, need to investigate if the IAC valve is functioning correctly.

For the 1.6->1.8 swap we deleted the igniter and switched to coils from an NB1 and have an NA8 throttle body behind the supercharger. Wideband is running off the controller on the ECU. Still running batch injection for now.