Hello from Japan

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Noble713

Hello from Japan

Post by Noble713 »

Greetings Everyone!

I'm living in the land of durifuto: Japan!

Right now I'm working on a Masters in Information Engineering, focused on software-defined radio/ GNURadio. My Bachelor's was in Economics, so I'm not a trained Computer Scientist or Electrical Engineer. Just a devoted Linux and automotive enthusiast/tinkerer.

My project car is a 1997 Toyota Chaser. Turbocharged 2.5L Inline-6 with Variable Valve Timing (Intake only), more commonly known as the 1JZ-GTE VVTi. Right now the car is running an un-tuned Apexi Power-FC.
I have a 2JZ-GE bottom end to make a 1.5JZ, increasing the displacement to 3 liters. I figured in the process I should make some other upgrades, so I need a better way to control increased boost, etc...
I've also had a long-term goal of replacing the stock dash gauges with a digital display. To do all of this, I've looked into options ranging from Megasquirt to ISIS to Android tablets. Now I think rusEFI has the most potential to meet my needs, affordably....at some point in the future.

Anyways, hope I can make some useful contributions to the effort!
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Hello from Japan

Post by kb1gtt »

Welcome along, we look forward to hearing from you.

GNUradio good stuff. It's progressed quite allot sense I last paid with it. I like GRC that's cool.

How much information about your vehicle do you have? For example do you have have a MFG part number for the harness connector? Do you know your harness pin out, ect.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Noble713

Post by Noble713 »

I don't know the connector part numbers.

This thread on JZX100.com is probably the most comprehensive for ECU information:
http://www.jzx100.com/forum/topic/6627-1jz-gte-vvti-need-ecu-pinout-pics-inside/

Since the Power FC is a plug-and-play ECU I haven't researched the pinout/harness details much.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

VVTi - sweet. I would love to add this feature once you need it :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
mentat-vvo

Post by mentat-vvo »

Gotta VEMS solution for JZX100 VVTi
modded by vemsecu.ru
Noble713

Post by Noble713 »

Well, looks like my project is going to change to something MUCH simpler. Why? Because I just wrecked my Chaser (like 6 hours ago).

Fortunately, I recently picked up a naturally-aspirated 1993 Mk IV Supra for an absolute STEAL. No VVTi. No turbo nonsense. I think playing with this car will be much closer (in theory) to the sort of NA V8 (LS swap) builds I'd like to use rusEfi for in the future.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Here's hoping that it will get better in the near future. Let us know if you have any questions.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
abecedarian

Post by abecedarian »

Make sure to track your voltages...
... I think your system is 0-8v for most of the sensors.

5MGE and the offspring are good engines.
You can lead the horticulture but you can't make them think.