Hello from the netherlands

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
K0ENIE

Hello from the netherlands

Post by K0ENIE »

To keep it short :-)
Got plans to inject my carb powered DAF (what?) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAF_55
My ride is currently fitted with B14.4 renault block from out a Volvo 340 and upgraded with pistons, liners and cranck from dacia so it has 1557ccm.
Result is that the solex (only one butterfly 32mm) is far to small. MPi will do I dream...
But what system to use? From what car? (scrapyard)
After weeks of googling this 'russian' may be the one...?
First thing to do for me is make a manyfold and get rid of the siamese inlet in the cylinderhead.
Then orientate what hardware to use like map, maf and other sensors.
Any help tips n tricks will be welcome!

regards, Koen
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Hello from the netherlands

Post by kb1gtt »

Hello and good day. Have you fund this page yet? http://rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual:Hardware_Frankenso_board
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
K0ENIE

Post by K0ENIE »

Yeah I've surfed the whole wiki... Thnaks
I also saw the movie with the arduino efi... very intresting!
DaWaN

Post by DaWaN »

Another Dutch member, cool!
I am located near Utrecht, so unfortunately 200 kilometers away.

DAF 55 are funny vehicles, I suppose you remained the CVT gearbox ? Because that is the party trick of the DAF, being able to accelerate very well because the engine gets a fixed RPM. Also: because there are 2 CVTs the car has essentially a locked differential making it easy to slide around in. A colleague of mine owns a DAF 55 as well, but he still has the stock carburated 1100cc engine in it. Can you post some pictures of the project ?

If I am not mistaken this engine is a Renault Cléon based engine. Renault used this engine till around the year 2000 in the Twingo. I think the easiest route would be to use as many Twingo parts for the EFI system. There will be plenty of 1990-2000 era Twingos available at the scrapyard, we used to have one but it rusted away from us. Mechanically it was still doing well. Not sure what parts will be bolt-on though... I am also not sure what EFI these Renaults use, it might be that they were running single point injection. How do the intake ports look? Are they siamesed ?
Parts you will need specific for your engine: an intake manifold with throttle body, injectors w/ fuel rail, trigger wheel with sensor
Parts which can be robbed from many cars: ignition coils/coilpack, electric fuel pump, MAP sensor, air temperature sensor, coolant temperature sensor, idle control valve, throttle position sensor
I would also suggest to buy a wideband O2 sensor for tuning.

If you need help in Dutch you can reach me by Skype if you want to ;)
K0ENIE

Post by K0ENIE »

IMG_20141106_151307.jpg
IMG_20141106_151307.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 8432 times
IMG_20141106_151401.jpg
IMG_20141106_151401.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 8432 times
Hi DaWaN. How bad about your ciVic ...

The 55 allready has a O2 sensor witch I use to tune the LPG, it is connected to a dB-meter (from an old cassettedeck )at the moment.
Also has a renix triggerwheel but not sure it will work with rusefi.
Twingo is monopoint (or singlepoint)
And of course my daf still has that amazing variomatic.
Tomorrow I make more pic's.
Koenie
K0ENIE

Post by K0ENIE »

After many sleepless nights I decided to buy a old saab to be donor for my project.
The Trionic 5 system has pretty amazing features:
OBD2 (this one is)
NO camshaftsensor
NO knocksensor, this is done by messuring the ions in between the gap's of the 4 sparkplugs for detecting witch one to fire, misfires, knocksensing and temperature.
Also there is an opensourcetool for flashing and mapping the ecu.
Only one thing to figure out is how to get rid of that enormous red thing there and replace is for four seperate penbobines...
The plan is to run it with liquid LPG but for that there is more to do.
I tried to upload the 'first start' video and some pictures from googledrive but that not worked :? but possible to see on FB after a search 'daf trionic'
Cheers!
Koenie