Hi all

Your chance to introduce yourself and to ask your first question
Post Reply
ScubaSteve
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:22 am

Hi all

Post by ScubaSteve »

First let me say this project is absolutely brilliant!

On the drive back from work/university I was pondering a good senior project (a ways away) and thought a custom ECU might be cool to look into. Can't say I will be much help yet or at all, but I'm really excited to play around with what you got here!

Now I just have to get a small engine to fry..

User avatar
AndreyB
Site Admin
Posts: 10659
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 am
Location: Jersey City

Re: Hi all

Post by AndreyB »

ScubaSteve wrote:Now I just have to get a small engine to fry..
Smallest so far is 72cc, but that's a lot of mechanical modifications to fit an injector etc.

Get yourself a 3 cylinder something for a test mule, that would be fun! :)
https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions
my skype is arro239

ScubaSteve
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Hi all

Post by ScubaSteve »

russian wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Now I just have to get a small engine to fry..
Smallest so far is 72cc, but that's a lot of mechanical modifications to fit an injector etc.

Get yourself a 3 cylinder something for a test mule, that would be fun! :)

Agree'd!

I seem to be having a slight issue with the simulator. I can only get the "20150503" version to work (and all previous). The next two updates open display "1200 RPM" and then change to "N/C" and the top bar displays "DISCONNECTED" after a second or two

However, only the latest version will even load the table editor.

Im on windows 7, just updated my Java version.

User avatar
AndreyB
Site Admin
Posts: 10659
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 am
Location: Jersey City

Re: Hi all

Post by AndreyB »

Will check simulator tomorrow. BTW I've just adjusted the simulator wiki page to show a simpler way to connect Tuner Studio.

Go get an stm32f4discovery :)
https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions
my skype is arro239

User avatar
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 am
Location: ME of USA

Re: Hi all

Post by kb1gtt »

Welcome along. I've also been modifying a small engine, but haven't made much progress in recent years as I got a snow blower that now works. Any how, here is a page where I have documented the effort. http://jaredharvey.com/Files/projects/Engine_control/snow_blower/snow_blower.htm

Good to hear from you and I look forward to seeing you around.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)

ScubaSteve
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Hi all

Post by ScubaSteve »

kb1gtt wrote:Welcome along. I've also been modifying a small engine, but haven't made much progress in recent years as I got a snow blower that now works. Any how, here is a page where I have documented the effort. http://jaredharvey.com/Files/projects/Engine_control/snow_blower/snow_blower.htm

Good to hear from you and I look forward to seeing you around.
Awesome project! I'll likely be following much of your work initally to get a better understanding of everything!

russian wrote:Will check simulator tomorrow. BTW I've just adjusted the simulator wiki page to show a simpler way to connect Tuner Studio.

Go get an stm32f4discovery :)
Awesome, I'll be picking one up soon!

I'm kinda sad now. I had an old Honda VF500 sitting arround but I junked it a few months back. Would have made for a good mule :(

User avatar
AndreyB
Site Admin
Posts: 10659
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 am
Location: Jersey City

Re: Hi all

Post by AndreyB »

russian wrote:Will check simulator tomorrow.
Should be better now.
https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions
my skype is arro239

ScubaSteve
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Hi all

Post by ScubaSteve »

russian wrote:
russian wrote:Will check simulator tomorrow.
Should be better now.
Confirmed AOK!

Also..

Could I presumably drive a AEB 1.8L from a passat with the STM32?

User avatar
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 am
Location: ME of USA

Re: Hi all

Post by kb1gtt »

Probably. Was that mechanical fuel injection? What are the pieces. Do you have Hall pickup, electronic fuel injectors, coil and distributor ignition?
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)

User avatar
AndreyB
Site Admin
Posts: 10659
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 am
Location: Jersey City

Re: Hi all

Post by AndreyB »

ScubaSteve wrote:Could I presumably drive a AEB 1.8L from a passat with the STM32?
well, technically you would need an I-O board between passat and stm32
https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions
my skype is arro239

ScubaSteve
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Hi all

Post by ScubaSteve »

kb1gtt wrote:Probably. Was that mechanical fuel injection? What are the pieces. Do you have Hall pickup, electronic fuel injectors, coil and distributor ignition?
Everything except Mechanical Fuel Injection (I think..). I started a data thread to gather all the info!
http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=895&p=16061#p16061


russian wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Could I presumably drive a AEB 1.8L from a passat with the STM32?
well, technically you would need an I-O board between passat and stm32
Such as the Frankenso or Frankenstein? (Or all those AIO)

Post Reply