Hello from Sweden

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
camperbonde

Hello from Sweden

Post by camperbonde »

Hi!
I live way out in the swedish countryside, spend a part of my time farming.
When not doing that I'm designing embedded systems both hardware and software.
I do all repair on my cars and tractors so i have some experience in that field by now.
Recently I replaced the engine, suspension, brakes, discs, steering and more.. on a 2002 Toyota corolla, feels like new...
Currently I'm overhauling an 80's aircooled Vanagon that's been in my posession since 91 but I've never driven it..... just kept it in storage.
Got an ultimatum from my wife repair or scrap it, it's taking up too much space!
But I've never taken the easy way out, so I want to improve it, that's why I'm here!
"Nihil humani a me alienum esse" T. Brahe
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Hello from Sweden

Post by kb1gtt »

Welcome along. Have you found the wiki? If not here's a link http://rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual:Start-a-project/en

Sounds like a cool project, also sounds like you may have a different definition of "field repair" in which you might literally mean a field :)
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
camperbonde

Post by camperbonde »

Yepp!
Farm machinery break down in the middle of the field not while in storage. :mrgreen:

Have ordered stm32 boards from china not your pretty boards unfortunately.
Will be doing a bosch distributor emulator with c.o.p. first then I'll see about integrating it with rusEFI.
A stm32f103 will be perfect for "calculating" arctan from the magnetic angle sensor (= sentron 2SA-10 or something similar).
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

No complaints about using other boards, but you might need to make sure the core chip is compatible, as well you should check the pin out of the board. You may find these two boards of interest if you haven't already found them.

http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=769
http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=381
http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=749

My 95 year old grand father broke an excavator in half last year. I have no idea how he did that in the middle of field. I would expect it if he were putting it on a truck or doing something with the bucket that pulled or pushed the tracks up or down. He was just driving it across a field. The end result is that he sheared something like 80 bolts that were about 1.5 inches in diameter. Crazy old man.
camperbonde

Post by camperbonde »

Don't know if I should show a "stolen" picture here but then you'd know why I'd choose something like that stm32 pcb.
And with a stlink the whole kit only set me back 10 usd. Here in sweden I would probably only get the chip for that amount (freight included).
I have hand assembled hundreds of smd pcb's (my own design) with an pqfp64 cpu (atmega128) and I didn't want to do that now.

My design philosofy is distributed intelligence, because if you use centralized intelligence you will always run out of pins.

I hope my "distributor" will be able to communicate with rusEFI. (Of course all code and hardware I design for this will be open.)
Later on I'll need some of your boards, pcb and components kit's as I can assemble them myself.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

One of the issues you often find with GPL projects is a plethora of arm chair lawyers who don't understand the licence. The licence is designed to protect the developers rights. So if someone else at random is complaining about a particular developers rights, and they aren't the developer, you can safely ignore them. Around here we tend to believe, that when you have a lawyer up their neck in sand, what you have is not enough sand. If you are doing something with a forward progress feel, by all means do it, and if one of us other developers object, we'll let you know. However around here we'll most likely offer help rather than hinder your progress. Also you can do what ever you want with code for you own use. The place where you need to make acknowledgement of original developers is when you distribute something, either in a product or on the interweb's. If you post something of your own, and haven't put in the proper accreditation to other developers, around here we'd just send you an e-mail asking you if you would put out name in file blah.blah. In my case I would be more likely to ask that you remove my name from file blah.blah, as I personally don't want credit. Any how, that's enough arm chair lawyer crap, now do something cool.

I suspect what you mean with the "Stolen" picture is grabbing one from ebay and putting it up here to show what you purchased. I don't see any issues with that. You may have a limitation on posting URL's or something like that. You can often kind of circumvent that by putting doing something like blah_._com which I think would prevent the URL flagging thing. Either that or once you are identified as a real person, that constraint get's lifted pretty quickly.
camperbonde

Post by camperbonde »

Just hate them law-wringers! (I have signed too many professional secrecy agreements.) I don't know if I'm actually allowed to say anything at all....
Credit should always be given.
I got really pissed when some script kid removed the credits from a japanese drama I had translated and subbed.
When I found it uploaded to a streaming site with no credits I stopped translating for a long time.... kind of took the fun out of it.
I truly beleive in sharing, humanity wouldn't have come this far if everything was kept in secrecy.