IMAG0360.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 13145 times
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Toyota 2JZ-GTE NON VVTi

Post by AndreyB »

Thank you @ for the diagram

Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
AndreyB
Site Admin

Re: Toyota 2JZ-GTE NON VVTi #22

Post by AndreyB »

Now we need to figure out the control strategy for

1) VSV1 Intake Air Bypass Valve Vacuum Switching Valve
This pin is used to control the VSV which is used to open / close the Intake Air Bypass Valve that is a component of the sequential turbo system. The Intake Air Control Valve allows pressurised air to exit the rear turbocharger allowing it to fully come online as part of the sequential turbo system. This pin is connected to Ground inside the ECU as required to turn the Intake Air Control Valve VSV ON allowing pressurised intake air to open the Intake Air Control Valve. One side of the VSV should be wired to this pin and one side of VSV should be wired to battery voltage (Main EFI Relay switched).
2) VSV2 Exhaust Gas Control Valve Vacuum Switching Valve
This pin is used to control the VSV which is used to open / close the Exhaust Gas Control Valve that is a component of the sequential turbo system. The Exhaust Gas Control Valve allows exhaust gas to exit the rear turbocharger allowing it to fully come online as part of the sequential turbo system. This pin is connected to Ground inside the ECU as required to turn the Exhaust Gas Control Valve VSV ON allowing pressurized intake air to open the Exhaust Gas Control Valve. One side of the VSV should be wired to this pin and one side of VSV should be wired to battery voltage (Main EFI Relay switched).
3) VSV3 Exhaust Bypass Valve Vacuum Switching Valve
This pin is used to control the VSV which is used to open / close the Exhaust Bypass Valve that is a component of the sequential turbo system. The Exhaust Bypass Valve allows exhaust gas to pre-spool the rear turbocharger prior to it coming online as part of the sequential turbo system. This pin is connected to Ground inside the ECU as required to turn the Exhaust Bypass Valve VSV ON allowing pressurized intake air to open the Exhaust Bypass Valve. One side of the VSV should be wired to this pin and one side of VSV should be wired to battery voltage (Main EFI Relay switched).
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
ItaloManyak

Re: Toyota 2JZ-GTE NON VVTi

Post by ItaloManyak »

russian wrote:Thank you @ for the diagram

you are faster than me :)
2JZGTESeqTurboSystemTesting.png
2JZGTESeqTurboSystemTesting.png (90.12 KiB) Viewed 13117 times
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

Ok so im going to try to explain myself and try to get to the point. no modifications to the vacuum system, because all this actuators are spring loaded is very easy to control them.
first you need 3 generic pwm outputs with generic follow tables, base on map load and rpm. first you always need the pre spool or the rear turbo will destroy very fast.
What i do is pulse the VSV3 open 100% in all RPM before 3500 RPM or 100% in all RPM under no load. then i start it to close it after 3500rpm gradually up to 3900 like a linear graph.
Around 3900 i open VSV2 it can be on off type, because it is spring loaded he going to open slow anyway and take sometime. Around 4400 open the VSV1 you need that difference on RPM because you want to be sure
that you catch the front turbo before you open VSV1 or you going to loose some boost on the transition, you don't need to worry build boost on the rear turbo with the vsv1 closed because you have a rad valve at the side of the butterfly on the exhaust of the rear compressor.
You provably only need 1 PWM and the other two can be on off but need tables for the 3. if you want to see my tables just let me know.
sound very simple like this but works perfect on my engine, provably you will need to play with the RPM's differences cos i have modified turbo shafts and modified wheel compressors.
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

Great stuff, thank you @

Sounds like time has come for less wasteful tables. At the moment we have too many 16x16F32 tables and only two 8x8F32 for generic & FSIO. As a first step I will replace one of the 8x8F32 tables with a couple of 8x8x8bit integers. At some point later I need to convert the excessive 8x8F32 timing and target AFR tables into something leaner.
porelmundo wrote:if you want to see my tables just let me know.
Absolutely!

porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

those generic tables on my engine are only 6x6, no need to be bigger than that. as soon as i can take some pics this afternoon i will show you the tables.
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

vsv3
vsv3
prespool.jpg (452.61 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
VSV3
VSV2
VSV2
gate2t.jpg (426 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
VSV2
VSV1
VSV1
bypass.jpg (444.51 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
VSV1

Need to check the actual program of the car, this is what i had as a old program in my desktop, tomorrow i will check well
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

Wondering how things are going, I'm ready for remove the MS3 and install the rusefi this weekend, i was wondering if you already start your engine and comment on your findings.
The only difference is that my engine is VVTI, but i will work on solutions, also i have dino timing tables so i can compere to a nice tune, how perform on new ECU.
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

I've seen an un-official video of this engine running thus "rusefi #22" but we are still waiting for a nice official public video :) I believe wideband sensor was ordered and that's pretty much blocking everything.

kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Splendid, rusEFI is progressing nicely. Congrats in getting it running. We look forward to the more refined video.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
ItaloManyak

Post by ItaloManyak »

I already got o2 sensor, but i don't have o2 controller.
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Post by Abricos »