honda cbr mc17

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
hossein

honda cbr mc17

Post by hossein »

Hi guys, this post will be a bout of HONDA cbr mc17 motorcycle with an engine type :mc14e, A Japanese 250 cc and 45Hp of power lovely sport bike.
This bike is for 80's and as you know the EFI technique is for 90's.
I decided to turn carb to efi on that bike. As you can see here http://mototh.com/files/honda/CBR250R/Honda-CBR250RR-Service-Manual-EN.pdf at page 8
snapshot621.png
snapshot621.png (233.67 KiB) Viewed 4840 times
, the crankshaft sensor should read 8 teeth (7/1).
Reading 2 sensors and act as A sensor is my problem that i should solve it.So I was thinking about connect sensor one as crankshaft and sensor tow as camshaft, Is that possible ? Is any way to join signals in vr - not electrical -?
Thanks
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: honda cbr mc17

Post by kb1gtt »

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Are those VR or hall sensor? Frankenso can accept both VR and / or hall sensors.

Do you know the angles that the pulses will be at? If not, can you connect a Frankenso and log some data while cranking or running?

I believe the crank decoder can be created, but some data will be needed. The crank decoder for rusEFI is very flexible, and we have not seen a crank signal yet that could be not be decoded. However the software for this crank decoder does not exist at this time, and @ will need some data before he can make a crank decoder for it. Once he has the crank data, it often takes him a day or two to create the decoder.

I'm more of the hardware guy, and @ is more of the software guy. He would be best able to indicate if the crank decoder can be written. So far I have not seen him have any problems decoding a crank, so there is a strong chance he can create a crank decoder for this engine.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
hossein

Post by hossein »

It is 4 stroke.
Both are VR.
I guess the angle is about 90^
I had tried before with one of sensors and it was not good enough, even the crank angle was set, there was a fire in the fuel manifold.
I should mention i had tried with carburetor in that case.
Thanks
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Does the engine currently run? Can you capture the crank signal while it's running?
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
hossein

Post by hossein »

https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1212

just for crank shaft teeth.
edited.