xu7 engine

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
hossein

xu7 engine

Post by hossein »

After some mechanical issues with ford festiva's engine, I decided to test another engine "XU7-jp4 PSA".
The cranking is good and engine is working - not as good as BOSCH MP7.3 - the original ecu -, but its working.
Anything is good till the throttle is closed, else the engine will shut down.
>>The steeped is not installed yet.

Engine specifications :
~ 1.8 lit
110 Hp
reline : 7000 rpm
crank rpm : 1800
working temp : 85-90 c
4 cylinder 4 stroke
TDC - crank sensor 's angle : 114
injector flow 100 cc/m ( this is what i found when it's working good )

Note : the MAP sensor is connected and working, all sensors all connected and working.
I tried to :
Setting up algorithm : MAF - result ==> it's working at idle so nice -
Setting up algorithm : MAP - result ==> it's working at 1800 RPM in idle and i can open throttle without engine die -
running engine with mp7.3 - :
A -) fuel management - cutoff at 3000 RPM, throttle, engine temp,map
B -) ignition management - no cutoff at 3000 RPM, engine works fine, just coil

Something is wrong i don't know
I will make a video as soon as i can.
Thanks
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: xu7 engine

Post by AndreyB »

Please post your tune file and your log files. Video is always nice to have as well :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
hossein

Post by hossein »

log+conf
Attachments
xu7.rar
(226.65 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

Any chance for a video? Without being at your place it's impossible to guess which part goes wrong.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
hossein

Post by hossein »

I'm at work for a long time and i will post a video :(, perhaps 3-4 days later ;)
hossein

Post by hossein »

video
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Nice progress, and I see you've gone green.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
hossein

Post by hossein »

The phone was not mine and has no enough memory, so the owner decided to ... anyway , excuse me and i apologize for this.:(
And what a bout shutting of the engine, i did not turn the switch off or like that. The problem is .... :roll: :?
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Post by Abricos »

hossein wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 pm
The phone was not mine and has no enough memory, so the owner decided to ... anyway , excuse me and i apologize for this.:(
And what a bout shutting of the engine, i did not turn the switch off or like that. The problem is .... :roll: :?
my be soft screen recorder + phone recorde ...
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Do you have a log file for the run? A log file tells us many things. It sounds like it was running perhaps rich, or lean, and eventually stalled. Was the engine warm, or cold-ish? It might need some cold enrichment, etc. Log files and your tune would help people comment about why it went wrong.
hossein

Post by hossein »

Yes i do
Attachments
2018-05-06_17.49.02.msl
(181.37 KiB) Downloaded 801 times
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I see the warning counter went from 77867 to 77878, this could be an issue. Perhaps it's having some trouble with crank decoding. As well "trg err" went from 30 to 38. It seems you errors happened mostly at low RPM, so it's not why your engine stalled, but it could be of concern. This can probably be ignored for now, but keep in mind if it gets worse, it could prevent you from starting.

I do not see idle air control. It is common that at idle you need to vary the air which varies the engines power. Your base injector pulse of 3ms may indicate you need this air control. Your injector are probably barely open, and when this happens the fuel delivered vs the expected fuel delivered has a tendency to vary. I would typically expect this to be a problem closer to 1.5mS, so I doubt that's the issue, but it could be a contributor factor. Can you get it to run with the by using your foot to vary the air?

It appears it expects to deliver the same amount of fuel, yet I see the fuel duty cycle varies quite allot which indicates varying fuel. It is likely that you simply need to adjust the low load and low RPM in your tuning tables adding more fuel. However I tend to think your larger issue is that when RPM drops, it likely needs more air to maintain RPM.

Also your tuning files / tables can be handy, as it allows people to inspect the engine parameters.
Attachments
hossein_xu7.png
hossein_xu7.png (114.34 KiB) Viewed 11194 times
hossein

Post by hossein »

After a couple of months ! I'm trying to rerun my old engine with "frankenso" , I remember that it was a running engine.
last days I was thinking why my engine is working too bad ... I guess map & fuel does not match with my engine.
Here i have my logs.
Unfortunately because of sanctions i'm unable to buy / upgrade TS. :) So please somebody can analyze my logs ?
Thanks.

Do not trust to autocomplete ;)
Attachments
ts-logs.tar.gz
my-ts logs
(363.08 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
hossein

Post by hossein »

Any idea ?
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »