SAAB 2.2TID psg16

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
wygekas

SAAB 2.2TID psg16

Post by wygekas »

Hi. I have saab with psg16 fuel pump. Just curious if it is possible to adapt rusefi to it. I saw some posts that miata and some subaru are compatible and will work for sure but hence it is universal ECU im not sure is it applicable to any engine or not? Could somebody post step by step guide on how to connect ECU and sensors together, how to write maps for engine and other tips? i don't see any clear example on how this thing works.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: SAAB 2.2TID psg16

Post by kb1gtt »

I'm ignorant about the psg16 fuel pump. Can you tell me the critical pieces of what makes this pump special?
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Post by Abricos »

wygekas

Post by wygekas »

Simply i have two saabs one with psg16 2.2TID and other 1.9TID. And since these engines are common in my country and pretty cheap i'm not so scared to break it. So im curious if in overall diesels can be programmed with rusefi and what main problems need to overcome.
theflyingdutchp

Post by theflyingdutchp »

Wow funky, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the ECU is integrated into the fuel pump? I did some quick searching and it looks like you can flash them too. Weird
88 Camry Alltrac - 3SFE w/ CT26.
Ran ok, but rings are fried, moved on...
Thommm

Post by Thommm »

Old school tech, but I don't think RusEFI has support for diesels yet. There is something in the works for common rail control, but nothing very specific to this niche tech.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I think that rusEFI with Frankenso can physically support such a device. However software is another thing. It is very niche and the core software developers don't have hardware, so not likely to get developed by them. However, anyone can develop the software, so feel free to give it a try.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)