2014 toyota tundra ?....

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Joey120373
donator
donator

2014 toyota tundra ?....

Post by Joey120373 »

Has a 5.7l V8 DOHC with vvt,

I don’t know if I will tackle this project, as it’s about as complicated as it could get, 4 cams with vvt, Etb and electronic trans control.

Not sure that the current RUSefi Code can handle dual vvt,

And the trans control is another issue. But, if I were to try it, I think it would be in a piggy back configuration. Where I could take control of the injectors and coils, then maybe the ETB and vvt after that.

It’s my main transportation so I don’t want to break it.

Probably the best plan would be to build an interface board/harness to the stock ECU, that way I can intercept the signals I want to and leave the rest as is.

Any advice welcome!
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: 2014 toyota tundra ?....

Post by AndreyB »

My dream BMW N73 DI is more complicated, this v8 is easy :P :oops: :roll:

But I would not be messing with my daily driver, that's me at least.

v8 is Proteus territory. If you would be willing to do the leg work I am happy to fill firmware gaps. TCU I cannot promise but dual or quad VVT should not be a problem by the time you have this engine wroom-wrooming.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
TopDown

Post by TopDown »

Joey120373,
My question is: What are you looking to do with your Tundra with any RUSEFI system as the Toyota is apparently NOT yet broken? Are you looking to do something special like a turbo/super charger or...? Hmmm, this is your daily driver... Yeah, forget this unless you have another daily driver in mind... ;)

Audrey, yes, your V12 is much more complicated. My old V12 is also in the offing and will be on an upcoming project as well only I have to redo at least one (actually both) of the heads as they were prone to dropping valve seats...
mck1117
running engine in first post
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

TopDown wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:17 pm
Joey120373,
My question is: What are you looking to do with your Tundra with any RUSEFI system as the Toyota is apparently NOT yet broken? Are you looking to do something special like a turbo/super charger or...? Hmmm, this is your daily driver... Yeah, forget this unless you have another daily driver in mind... ;)
Yeah. I cannot recommend doing this on an already fully functional (and unmodified) 2014 Tundra. Toyota knows what they're doing. Don't F with it!