[help needed] information needed total noob!

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
chippa

information needed total noob!

Post by chippa »

hi all been looking into cheaper engine management for my project. as i haven’t got £1k for an emerald or haltech etc and have found my way here so here’s my questions if anyone can help

i have a mercedes 190e i have planted a mercedes m111k engine into removed the supercharger and fitted a turbo i did plan to run it on the OE ECU but i’m having over boost issues which being a siemens ecu isn’t possible to overwrite from what iv read and been told so my best option now is standalone

firstly will this ecu run my engine i believe i have VR crank sensor and HALL can sensor. it has MAP and MAF installed and is DBW would these be sensors iD need to swap or just wire in?

as i said i’m a total newbie to engine tuning/ecus but i’m more that willing to buy the unit and learn from there if it will do what i need just don’t want to shell out on the unit and shipping to uk and find out i bought the wrong kit 😅

all advise appreciated. thanks
Last edited by chippa on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: information needed total noob!

Post by AndreyB »

I believe 4 cylinder, one VR and Hall and DBW with Map and MAF is exactly microRusEFI specs

Do we have a very similar 190e here on the forum?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
mck1117
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

Welcome! I believe we've had another user run almost exactly the same engine. He has an m111 from an SLK230 Kompressor installed in his w124, running on microRusefi.

Yes, you have a VR crank sensor with hall cam. We don't currently support the cam pattern (so no VVT yet - coming soon!), but you can run crank-only without a problem.

MAP and MAF are both supported, but MAP recommended.

DBW is also supported and your throttle will work fine. What are you using for a pedal sensor?
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

Oh - you do have some unusual hardware that we can already control: supercharger clutch and bypass valve. Both can be operated based on throttle position or a few other parameters.
chippa

Post by chippa »

i ditched the charger for the turbo as the intake temps were sky high 😁
chippa

Post by chippa »

ahh i’m glad someone else is running the engine on one that’s great news. as for pedal sensor would it not just work from the standard w203 pedal switch? or do i need something inbetween that and the ecu?
chippa

Post by chippa »

also the VVT isn’t a problem it’s gunna be fast enough anyway 😅. i have an aem wideband sensor is that usable with rusefi too? and where’s the best place to purchase please
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

Yes, a few of us have had pretty good experiences with the AEM stuff. We support any wideband with an analog (voltage) output, and also support the AEM X-Series connected over CAN (digital!). The X-Series stuff is preferred since it's faster and more accurate, and doesn't have any of the noise susceptibility associated with the analog connection.
duhafnusa4
contributor
contributor
Github Username: duhafnusa4
Slack: Jimmy *un*el

Post by duhafnusa4 »