Ford Festivas

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Advancedynamix

Ford Festivas

Post by Advancedynamix »

I am currently building 4 ford Festivas with various mazda engine combinations. Looking to experiment with multifuel injection (several different fuel delivery systems working together on one engine). I've wanted to be able to build my own management system for a long time now, so I'm really looking forward to learning from this group.
roflcopter

Re: Ford Festivas

Post by roflcopter »

What exactly do you mean by the multiple fuel systems? As in different types of fuel or different types of delivery? Sounds interesting either way and I'll try to help out if possible, I know a lot of the theory and a decent bit of the physics/math that apply to engines, injectors, carbs, tuning.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I've seen people use propane injection in a diesel which gets better fuel economy for a bus or large rig. I'm guessing they mean something like that.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Advancedynamix

Post by Advancedynamix »

roflcopter wrote:What exactly do you mean by the multiple fuel systems? As in different types of fuel or different types of delivery? Sounds interesting either way and I'll try to help out if possible, I know a lot of the theory and a decent bit of the physics/math that apply to engines, injectors, carbs, tuning.
Both different types of Fuel and different types of delivery on one engine. I already run Gasoline and Methanol through different systems, but I'd like to integrate them with similar controllers. Right now it's two completely different systems. I would like to do a similar setup with Gasoline and e85. Two separate fuel tanks and systems. This would allow me to utilize the advantages of the ethanol fuel under high engine loads (turbocharged engine) but not have to compromise fuel range or bottom end torque. This also allows appropriate system design for each type of fuel, rather than compromising in order to be able to run both fuels.