1999 Toyota Camry 2.2 5SFE Budget Turbo Project

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
joshprobulis

1999 Toyota Camry 2.2 5SFE Budget Turbo Project

Post by joshprobulis »

Hi! I am new to this and have never done anything as advanced as the ecu tuning and a turbine setup.
I am looking forward to this build, I am a welder/fabricator so I can customize a lot of stuff including
the exhaust piping and intake which I will use aluminum for. But any who, I was looking into using
this DIY ecu because I am working on trying to keep the budget down as much as possible except
on the wide band and blow off valve, I already have a gt25 turbine which was once on a diesel XP
but was salvaged off of a wrecked prelude.
ok ok back on subject, so I am looking for tips and tricks to this setup and mainly at the moment
I could use information on how the pin layout could work or if i need to rework the pins?
it is an automatic took, so i was wondering if the factory ecu could still run the transmission?
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry 2.2 5SFE Budget Turbo Project

Post by AndreyB »

hi!
joshprobulis wrote:this DIY ecu because I am working on trying to keep the budget down as much as possible
the biggest problem is how small this community here. small community - not many installations done - not much write-ups to follow, each setup still carries a lot of unknowns
joshprobulis wrote:it is an automatic took, so i was wondering if the factory ecu could still run the transmission?
pretty recent car so it could be pretty advanced transmission control, pretty not-so-popular thing to mess with. transmission control be the most challenging part of this. You would need OEM ecu and your aftermarket ECU to share analog inputs without interfering with each other, this might get tricky.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry 2.2 5SFE Budget Turbo Project

Post by kb1gtt »

Hello and good to hear from you.

Do you have a schematic for the transmission stuff? I'm not sure what it may or may not control. I know my 2006 daily driver (all OEM) has an all mechanical control automatic transmission, with the electrical being all for feedback purposes and not control. What Yoda has decide to be electrically controlled vs mechanically controlled will vary from transmission to transmission.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)