Wideband Controller: Fully Custom, no ASIC!

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
SHOf429

Re: Wideband Controller: Fully Custom, no ASIC!

Post by SHOf429 »

mck1117 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 pm
The MCU is currently limited on the sample rate of the ADC. It can't really sample more at the same time without reducing accuracy or going to a faster MCU with multiple ADCs. The plug-in module is only ~$12, so it would be super easy to just plop two of them down on a single carrier board. Shared power supply and protection, but independent CAN transceivers both on the same bus.

The catch is that the MCU is actually an active participant in controlling the sensor - it's being controlled digitally, not in analog like the Bosch ASIC does.
I like that idea better. I tried looking at the repository for the schematics and board files but found nothing there. Maybe I can create a carrier board for twins.
Josh
94 Ford Taurus SHO
Frankenso in progress

mck1117
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

SHOf429 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:53 pm
I like that idea better. I tried looking at the repository for the schematics and board files but found nothing there. Maybe I can create a carrier board for twins.
https://github.com/mck1117/wideband/tree/master/board_carrier

blackbirdsr71

Post by blackbirdsr71 »

I will ask a bit of a layman question, but is this WBo2 Controller board already supported in Tuner Studio in conjunction with the latest Proteus firmware? Because I don't see it on the drop-down list in the EGO Menu, but I don't know if I'm looking at it correctly because I don't know all the names that are there. Thank you very much for your understanding, I don't have a physical ECU yet, but I'm training on a simulator in Tuner Studio, trying to explore your hard work.

SHOf429

Post by SHOf429 »

Matt, do you have any of these plug-in modules ready to go? I'd like 2 for my application, and development of the twin carrier board
Josh
94 Ford Taurus SHO
Frankenso in progress

mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

blackbirdsr71 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 pm
I will ask a bit of a layman question, but is this WBo2 Controller board already supported in Tuner Studio in conjunction with the latest Proteus firmware? Because I don't see it on the drop-down list in the EGO Menu, but I don't know if I'm looking at it correctly because I don't know all the names that are there. Thank you very much for your understanding, I don't have a physical ECU yet, but I'm training on a simulator in Tuner Studio, trying to explore your hard work.
No - that's a great question. The answer is a little boring because I actually reused the protocol for the AEM X-Series - so anything that supports the AEM X-Series wideband contollers (including rusEfi) already support this one too! The text in TunerStudio needs to get updated to make that clear, but if you flip the "enable AEM x series wideband" switch on the EGO page, the ECU will be able to read the sensor over CAN.

Fram
Github Username: FRAMSPEEDUINO

Post by Fram »

Hi,

Very nice project!
Would be nice to add an analog output 0-5V, related to AFR.

deaner

Post by deaner »

Hello! Great work on this controller! Are anymore available for sale or testing? I'll take one if so.