[info] Prometheus - NEW compact ECU shield!

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
andreika
donator
donator

Re: Prometheus - NEW compact ECU shield!

Post by andreika »

atntpt wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm
Thanks ! Maybe i could replace with a non inverting buffer ?
Be careful when you choose an alternative - it should be capable of 3.3v input and 5v output (HCT series etc.), i.e. act as level shifter...
But it really makes no sense because the output mode is fully controlled by firmware. And inverting option is, in fact, no different from non-inverting one.
atntpt wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm
Is the pcbs file available somewhere ? A suggestion would be have the option to popolete the BIP part or an alternative with 2 4427 since some coils need some more courent than the buffer can supply .
There are only gerber files available (see above), sorry. There's almost no free space left on the pcb for additional components (taking into account that we should stay away from those high-voltage traces and BIPs).
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

Was thinking to change because I'm afraid initial stage might cause the coils to fire at the moment you turn on the key.
Ghetto solution for that this board will fit on top of so14 instead of the buffer and route signal thru the tc's :)
Attachments
Tc.jpeg
Tc.jpeg (126.14 KiB) Viewed 27288 times
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

andreika wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:16 pm
There are only gerber files available (see above), sorry. There's almost no free space left on the pcb for additional components (taking into account that we should stay away from those high-voltage traces and BIPs).
About staying away from the BIPs makes sense, but since the TC is an alternative to the BIP they will never work at the same time. Only one or the other is being used ..
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

atntpt wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:15 pm
Only one or the other is being used ..
Yes, but you'll have to put some additional traces and footprints for those alternatives on pcb, and the high-voltage clearance rule will be broken, for sure. The more dense traces and footprint you put, the less voltage can be applied. High-voltage pulses would "hop" to adjacent traces if they are close enough, and if there is a path to the ground, even if those alternative components are not populated. Their traces still present.
Maybe it's still doable, no argument here... But it definitely requires more sophisticated pcb design and testing. And adds more risks.
Prometheus pcb is already way too much packed to capacity for it's small size, and currently I am doubtful of pushing it to the limit...
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

do you have any assembled board to sell?
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

atntpt wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:13 pm
do you have any assembled board to sell?
Unfortunately, no... :oops:
But I have many detailed photos of assembly process!
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

how does starter blocker works, i mean from what i understand trigger the starter motor?!?? but whats the input? and how do i configure it in software?
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

atntpt wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm
how does starter blocker works, i mean from what i understand trigger the starter motor?!?? but whats the input? and how do i configure it in software?
For starter blocker you may use FSIO, it's very flexible! For example, just set this expression (in reverse polish notation):

Code: Select all

rpm cranking_rpm <
in FSIO formulas, and PB10 as FSIO output. This corresponds to "if (rpm < cranking_rpm) then the starter works".
You can also use the same FSIO mechanism for electric fan control (ECF), like:

vbatt 13.2 > fan coolant fan_off_setting > & coolant fan_on_setting > | &
See system_fsio.* in rusEFI source codebase for more examples...
lgrant

Post by lgrant »

Noob here: my background lends itself more to the practical experimentation and quite a bit less to the theoretical and circuit design. Way more of hot rodder than an E.E. (whether the EEs are formally trained or self trained).

With the above in mind, I ask if there is a projected date for the completion of a Prometheus CB and some effort to begin testing and using in an automotive application. I just discovered this site today and am not even aware of the different roles of Frankenso vs Frankenstein. It appears that the Prometheus offering is trying to put everything into one board, trying to incorporate most, if not all, of the known EFI features. If I have that right, then that would be welcome.

Anyway, any info for the Luddites regarding Prometheus progress would be great!
Cheers,
Larry
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

@ would elaborate further but there are at least two cars running Prometheus board.

See also https://rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware:For_Sale for a comparison. I wonder if we should add Prometheus to that table for a side to side comparison to reduce confusion?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

andreika wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 pm
atntpt wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm
For starter blocker you may use FSIO, it's very flexible! For example, just set this expression (in reverse polish notation):

rpm cranking_rpm <
in FSIO formulas, and PB10 as FSIO output. This corresponds to "if (rpm < cranking_rpm) then the starter works".
You can also use the same FSIO mechanism for electric fan control (ECF), like:

vbatt 13.2 > fan coolant fan_off_setting > & coolant fan_on_setting > | &
See system_fsio.* in rusEFI source codebase for more examples...

Thanks FSIO is amazing!!
yyj876790646

Post by yyj876790646 »

Is prometheus rev 0.2 now ready to use?
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Post by Abricos »

yyj876790646 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm
i like your nickname ))) why such a conspiracy ???
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I do not recall any known issues with the board. I believe @ did a validation on the board, before the initial release. Sense this initial release I do not recall any known issues.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
yyj876790646

Post by yyj876790646 »

Abricos wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm
yyj876790646 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm
i like your nickname ))) why such a conspiracy ???
yyj is my name 876790646 is my tecent email address :lol:
yyj876790646

Post by yyj876790646 »

kb1gtt wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:12 pm
I do not recall any known issues with the board. I believe @ did a validation on the board, before the initial release. Sense this initial release I do not recall any known issues.
Thank you!I'm considering to build one according to the file but I don't know if there is any problems. :)
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

I'm kind of addicted to this board :mrgreen: isn't easy specially The tiny tiny D30 lol
Attachments
IMG_20190129_115738.jpg
IMG_20190129_115738.jpg (4.22 MiB) Viewed 27047 times
IMG_20190129_115750.jpg
IMG_20190129_115750.jpg (4.16 MiB) Viewed 27047 times
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

Nice progress! :D Keep it going!
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

Haven't uploaded the firmware yet although , bit afraid ahah. Maybe I will need some help, inglish isn't my main language and some technical stuff are difficult to understand. But will give it a try!
BTW how many known Prometheus running ? And what cars ?
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

Don't turn on the board until you solder all required parts, especially small capacitors & resistors.
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

I'm still waiting for 2.2 uf and .1% 1k everything else is just a matter of time
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

Could you write a simple explanation in how to upload the firmware and what jumpers sould be set ? Yeh I know it's simple but I'm kind of (much) noob with this. I understand it should be something similar to what russian is doing with the small Chinese board , since I own a discovery and that's how I intend to upload. :roll: :roll:
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

atntpt wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:28 pm
Could you write a simple explanation in how to upload the firmware
Also worth pointing to how get firmware for this custom board since with not default chip it requires custom firmware build I believe? Good news it's in the official source code repository.

Please forgive me if I am out of context, I could be out of context. By the way I can make continues build for this board if so is desired since I have a build server anyway.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

russian wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 pm
Please forgive me if I am out of context, I could be out of context. By the way I can make continues build for this board if so is desired since I have a build server anyway.

Custom builds would be great !!! For both CPU even better. :D
I'm currently using 405 because I can't find 469 and isn't any advantage (right ??)
I'm planning to do many more of this board just need to get one working first ! I do install standalone ecus and Prometheus looks like the perfect platform. The only thing missing is launch control which kind of a must , people love blowing up valves ! But that's all other matter not related to hardware..
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

anyone willing to share the compiled firmware, struggling with compilation :C
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

I've made a 405 manually to begin with

https://rusefi.com/build_server_prometheus/

atntpt

Post by atntpt »

Thanks!! Unfortunately I have a short between 3.3 rail and GND and can't find where. Will say something when able to find the problem. :(
atntpt

Post by atntpt »

Don't know if should or shouldn't continue the questions here on on software but here it goes. Short is solved. I think everything else is okay. Connected Discovery to the board header triple check the pinout tried to connect on stlink and wasn't able. The led is doing something I recon just don't know what. With or without boot 0 jumper.
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

Maybe a separate thread for your build? I do not have a strong preference either way.

andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

Please create a separate thread for your board. And also post several large detailed photos of both sides of the board, so that we can see which components are populated. And please give more details, like what is the current consumption of the board on 12V supply?