Trigger issue

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
hossein

Trigger issue

Post by hossein »

This is a part of topic of past .... so.
After some successful experience, my ecu board has some little issues.
The trigger source -crank sensor - does not work anyway.
I triggered it by arduino due signals in range of 10-100 Hz, but on pin A5 i have no any cganges, unfortunately i can not access to scope, just a Multimeter and leds.
I had checked the stm board and the other parts, all works, i had injected signal with arduino to pa5 and rpm was true and the others too.
I putted my cell phone next to crank sensor and my phone was ringed many times and i guess this is a reason for stopping max99.
How can i find if it's fried or not ?
Thanks.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Trigger issue

Post by kb1gtt »

This thread has migrated from this thread. http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1263

@ has a Frankenstein R0.11

Please note that the MAX9926 has some minimum speed requirements. There is an internal automatic tuning circuit knows as the adaptive threshold, which tunes the analog input once ever so often. If a cam or crank pulse is not seen in this amount of time, then the analog front end's gain is cranked way up making this circuit sensitive to noise. See this thread for more information about the adaptive threshold.
http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=953&start=8

It is worth noting that the Frankenso boards have indicating LED's which makes diagnostics much easier. Also the Frankenso can easily be configured for Hall sensors which also again makes it easier to do this kind of diagnostics.

@ can you configure your setup like this. Let Cam and Crank + float (no wire attached to the outer two vias in the VR header), then add a little wire from 5V, and touch it in a noisy and bad connection method to Cam and/or crank - (center two vias in the header). When VR+ floats, it will go to 2.5V. Any time VR- goes above or below 2.5V, the output should change. If you had a Frankenso you would be able to see this change on the blinking LED. However on your Frankenstein, you'll have to see it in the console. You can do this either in steady state with a solid connection to 5V or GND, or you can scrap the wire making intermittent connections which would result in several pulses. These should be visible in the console.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
hossein

Post by hossein »

I did it - if was understand correctly i should to trigger it and check the output-
The output voltage - on pin 4 & 5 - is fixed on 3.34 with/without triggering.
The division r network is working fine and also "r 110+106= 8.99K " - that i think it is not too bad -.
VR- 's voltage is right same you say.
Thanks again for helping me;)
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Good to hear you got it going.
hossein

Post by hossein »

Hi again ;)
I replaced max9926 and the issue is fixed now.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Good to hear. Feel free to keep us posted. Sounds like a cool project.