[help needed] Removing the microphone circuit from stm32 f4 discovery board

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
Mitsubishi4G93

Removing the microphone circuit from stm32 f4 discovery board

Post by Mitsubishi4G93 »

I bought the full bundle frankenso ver 0.5 from tendie >> I have been trying to tune my engine after wiring all sensors and actuators of the engine >> during the tunning stage the stm 32 f4 discovery board have failed due to massive heat coming from the cars battery ground terminal>> I bought a replacment board from stm electronics >> should I just plug the new board or I need to modify on it as the one came with frankenso? >> any tips to avoid heating from the cars ground cable?
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Removing the microphone circuit from stm32 f4 discovery board

Post by kb1gtt »

Where was the heat coming from? There are many points on the cars grounding system. Was this the ECU connector? A splice joint? Screw connection? Other?

Does the microphone jack physically interfere with anything? I believe it's typically removed such that an OEM enclosure lid can be installed. I don't recall any electrical problems, just physical problems.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Removing the microphone circuit from stm32 f4 discovery board

Post by AndreyB »

I simply remove microphone CONNECTOR (the black piece) not anything else to make sure the case closes.

You can keep it on while you are tuning since you do not really need to have kid closed.

The heat and damage seems like a SEPARATE important problem, open question is to figure out what went wrong where. Maybe separate topic with pictures of your wiring and more details?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute