Introducing rusEfi's most fully-featured ECU: Proteus
(photos to be updated as boards are assembled/tested)
Why does this board exist?
I have an LS-swapped Volvo 240, and the ECU sits in the front corner of the engine bay. When it rains, the ECU gets wet. I'd like to run rusEfi, but a wet ECU is a sad ECU (if not sealed!).
The goals started like this:
- Can run my v8 (later expanded to able to run a sequential fire, dual electronic throttle V12)
- IP68 waterproof
- 16 low-side outputs, limited to 3 amps each (injectors, relays, check engine light, etc)
- 12x ignition outputs (or general purpose 5v, 100mA push-pull)
- Dual electronic throttles
- 4x High-side 12v drivers, 1 amp each
- 4 thermistor analog inputs (2.7k pull up resistor)
- 12 General purpose analog inputs
- Dual VR sensors (crank position, wheel speed)
- 6 digital inputs (hall cam/crank position, wheel speed, clutch/brake switch, etc)
- TE Ampseal connectors: 2x 35 pin, 1x 23 pin