Full JLC PCB

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
Gepro

Re: Full JLC PCB

Post by Gepro »

The goal is dash control (speedo, tacho and boost gauge) with additional sensors, like EGT and knock.
I go for basic and through hole because I am not sure about me, if it's fine, I can change the BOM and pick and place for more or less options. The problem stays the 2 boards to buy.
Actually I pay 6$ for through holes part for power supply, and 8$ for 2xTC4427 (I don't want 3 for now, and I don't want it on the testing board), 2$ for TPIC8101, 18$ for 8 VNP5N07 and 18$ for 1 box with connectors (the second board is only for testing)
It's a little more than 100$
I was tempted to put a CJ125 from bosch on the board, for testing, but the stm that i choose for the GPIO board is SPI limited.
I really like the MicroRusEFI, I want just to complete it.

The STM from basic part aren't for Industrial Use, mean less heat range. I prefer not use them for an ECU.

The problem with your project is more software, I think proteus has already all you want. But I don't see enough tuning options for so much input and output in tuner studio. RusEFI focus on engine control, but there is somme cool transmisions part.

Why do you want ch340 ? what's wrong with the USB from stm ?

What is your goal ?! Active suspension ?

If my basic GPIO works fine and that I can trust my PCB making and JLC, I will take a look for a more advanced simple board with extended parts.
For now, I don't know, and I don't think I can be of good advice.
mck1117
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

puff wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 pm
stm32f103c8t6
but whyyy? the stm32f1 sucks bigtime, just use an F0 or F405RG (also basic)
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

gepro, now it becomes clear - i probably have missed that part :)

mck1117, f0 don't have canbus, do they?
405 seems overkill for my purpose, however, for a batch of 5 boards the cost difference would be under $8 - probably, not that much. still, why should I choose them if the one from blue pill works just fine? plus lots of ready to go codebase for monkey-style google-coding :lol:
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

some f0 do - I know the f042 does. I think all of the F0x2 chips have it.
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

ha! thank you for this hint
STM32F042K6T6
even though it is in extended parts, for a batch of 5 boards it will be even cheaper.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

Have you placed an order?

"Full JLC PCB" probably means that MAX9926 is not an option?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Gepro

Post by Gepro »

Yeah ! That's already send from JLC. And I have the majority of the parts "through holes", but I don't have TPIC8101 for now.
In fact, it is more a "Full Basic JLC with through holes components"

The MAX9926 is a board from speeduino, I have already done it with my microrusefi, but it isn't soldered on the board :P I use the plug from my megasquirt... Here is picture of the horror !
IMG_20201128_193209.jpg
IMG_20201128_193209.jpg (210.68 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
IMG_20201128_193031.jpg
IMG_20201128_193031.jpg (224.46 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
I won't use the VR from TLE, because I made a lot of test on the MAX9926 with a picoscope, and I know it well.

I see that GP1-4 from microrusefi can be push pull now, so Okay for PWM fan, tacho and speedo out, this GPIO starts to have less interests to me :lol:
Gepro

Post by Gepro »

Just for information. This board is a big fail.

I put 5v for VIO on the canbus chip... The canbus can't be use, the stm32 is 5V tolerant only for digital input. :oops:

I have set the battery input voltage on a non ADC pins :roll: And lot of shits like that...

The EGT chip gives nothing, it is a fatal error when I set it. Probably PC10 conflict with "connections". And the TPIC gives nothing, It is probably a mistake to not pin the analog out of the chip !

The TLV chip for analog out turbo pressure wasn't received for now :( But like there is no CAN? it is not really a problem :lol: :lol:

Except that, the PCB from JLC has really great quality, soldering the TPIC was doable, the DFU flashing is simple, the communication on TS is fine, and the outputs all look to work well. (lowside and high side)
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

you mean to say pb5 and pb6 of stm32f405rg56 are not 5v tolerant? according to the datasheet, they are! or they are only 5v tolerant as general GPIO, but not for CAN purpose?
is it a 2 layer or a 4-layer board? you can still use it: replace the can transceiver with 3.3v-powered one, cut the 5V supply voltage trace and wire it to the 3v3 bus, voilà :D
btw, what's wrong with the thermocouple chip?
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

puff wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 am
or they are only 5v tolerant as general GPIO, but not for CAN purpose?
AFAIK the only difference between 3.3v inputs and 5v inputs is the high side ESD/clamp diode. 3.3v pins have a plain diode from the pin to the positive supply rail. 5v tolerant pins have a ~2.5v zener from the pin to the positive supply rail, clamping at ~5.5-6 volts instead of the ~3.8-4 of 3.3v only pins. The datasheet doesn't explicitly say that it's ok to put 5v on those pins when in AF mode, but you can deduce from the GPIO pin block diagram that it probably is indeed safe.
Gepro

Post by Gepro »

Hum, I know that STM32 is 5V tolerant only for Digital in. But canbus is sort of digital. :roll:

I don't try it, because I don't want to kill the STM32. But I have a second board with no through hole components and plug. I will try canbus on it ! :D :D If it don't work, I will try 3.3v soldering on chip.

The thermocouple chip's SPI does a fatal error, there is trouble with PC10, "console TX conflict", and when I don't have trouble the stm becomes completely bricked, and I can't no more reflash with rusefi tools.
I have to completely reflash it with STM32CubeProgrammer. (I load the DFI file, and it works fine)

I try it on the 2 boards, same thing for EGT and TPIC. But I don't try every rusefi firmware.

I think I will do a more simple board, 2 layers, with different 5V supply (no more external through holes components) and BSP76 for LowSide.
I will use the same pin mapping than official boards.

Thank you very much for help :D