Hellen72 WBO and other connections

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
BeerMoneyMotorsports

Hellen72 WBO and other connections

Post by BeerMoneyMotorsports »

I was thinking that we should consider having a better way of connecting to the onboard WBO. the current connector requires opening the case to connect it and you still have to come up with your own wiring. My initial thought is to have the board output them on the stock o2 terminals but that only covers 4 pins and 5 are needed? Should we implement some sort of options port? I dont see on the current diagrams where boost control is done? That will be key to the ecus success i think. In the tune i can see that you are able to select almost any pin as output but we should have a dedicated output preselected in the tune.

Connections to Consider
-WBO
-Boost- i actually utilize the factory MAF sensor wiring on the diypnp ecu builds
-Flex
-ETB
-other future I/O?

Need to consider the best pins I/O's and have them preset in the tunes.

On the Hellen64, we could use the extra connector as an output but that will become a problem when it gets to the point of covering the 96-00 cars.

Let me know your thoughts. This is in an effort to keep it user friendly. The less a customer has to open it up to make changes, the better off we are.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Hellen72 WBO and other connections

Post by AndreyB »

NB2 has two OEM sensors that's how many wires? Only 4 wires for both sensors combined?

It really depends on how much modifications we allow on the original harness.

Are we OK cutting and repurposing EGR wires? EGR uses a lot of wires. What about EVAP wires?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
BeerMoneyMotorsports

Re: Hellen72 WBO and other connections

Post by BeerMoneyMotorsports »

I would not want to see any cutting to make it work. I was thinking an adapter harness with outputs.

For instance, na6 maf to gm IAT. I would want it to have the ability to wire in the iat and the boost solenoid minimum. See other pic below of how i usually do it.
image.png
image.png (121.52 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
image.png
image.png (23.03 KiB) Viewed 1977 times