Conec 17-250101 (potted connector)
Conec 17-250010 (screw on cap)
Conec 17-250031 (2M usb cable with special waterproof cap)
Qualtek 3021072-03 (a usb cable with 90deg end that can be trimmed to fit the recessed conec connector)
GCT USB3150-30-075-A (micro usb b male plug for connector on MRE board)
If you cant find the first two, there is a non potted cap and connector assy 17-250021.
A couple of notes:
- The ID and VCC pins were not connected, so this cant be used on the bench. (safer that way so i don't have a special cable that has to be used when the ECU is installed)
- The ID and VCC pins were pulled out of the connectors to make soldering easier.
- I used 28AWG wire from an old usb cable.
- I wrapped the wires in aluminum tape and connected that to the shield on the usb connector for the best connection.
- I drilled an undersized hole and then used a file to form the key for the connector and finish the hole.
- I bent the pins on the Conec connector downwards to make it more low profile. It was slathered in hot glue when i was done
Note V2 for another MRE user (between the two halves in the picture) was prettier hahaha:
This is the fancy conec brand cable with the screw on waterproof cap.