microRusEFI IGN error

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
diegort5

microRusEFI IGN error

Post by diegort5 »

very good afternoon, I am opening this topic so that you can guide me regarding a microRusEFI 0.6.0 board that I assembled

I am already doing tests on an engine, I have a problem with the ign outputs or coil outputs, since they do not turn on, I have tried with a multimeter and placed the outputs, ignition output mode - default inverted, and I have taken a reading and those outputs are supplying 1.9v, these outputs are supposed to supply 5v, tested pins 9, 10, 11, 12, I have checked the board and I checked the resistors and took a reading of the output after tc4427 exactly at the r122 resistor and that one does have a 5v output. Upon further checking I find a 0 ohm resistor and I proceed to remove it and without that resistance the ign output has a voltage of 5v and by removing the 4 resistors r81, r80, r21, r33 I have managed to get my motor to start with independent coils

I have a question as to why I had to remove those resistances?
Dron_Gus
contributor
contributor
Github Username: dron0gus

Re: microRusEFI IGN error

Post by Dron_Gus »

diegort5 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:41 pm
I have a question as to why I had to remove those resistances?
Short answer: because they are marked DNU and excluded from BOM.
Long answer: because we have option to driver IGN outputs from TLE8888, but we don't like this option and do not support it in SW.