apsx d1 diy wideband controller

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

apsx d1 diy wideband controller

Post by AndreyB »

Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Rhinoman
contributor
contributor

Re: apsx d1 diy wideband controller

Post by Rhinoman »

It looks a bit homemade but at that price I bought one anyone to play with. I also have an old kit from 14point7.com (not 17point7!), I forget which version.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I see under the "technical specs" it notes 0-5V analog output, NB simulation and 96008N1 serial. This seems to be a very close match to the SLC Free from 14point7, found below.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/1312/files/SLC_Free_Open_Source.zip?2561

I suspect this will end up being a PSoC chip, and basically the same as the SLC Free. I wonder if they switched to the PSoC3 series of chips, as those can be automotive grade.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Rhinoman
contributor
contributor

Post by Rhinoman »

I expect that its simply a CJ125 with a small microcontroller as the interface, there is no need for a PSoC.
Rhinoman
contributor
contributor

Post by Rhinoman »

The module arrived this afternoon, it doesn't use a CJ125, I must have misread that somewhere. The main micro is a PIC16F1716 and it also has a PIC12F1840 and a 78L05 regulator. It came with some nice paperwork and a shiny sticker but without any ESD packaging which is a big concern.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

Rhinoman wrote:The module arrived this afternoon
Can you take a good picture of it?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Looks interesting. Those 3 pin packages are likely mosfets of some sorts. Lots of 220 ohm resistors. It comes with some papers and a magnet for programming that initial clean air point.
Attachments
IMAG1095.jpg
IMAG1095.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 36810 times
IMAG1094.jpg
IMAG1094.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 36810 times
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

a magnet???
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

yep! the left-most three-pin device on the picture is a magnet sensor, which is designed for calibration. probably, that technique is used to allow users calibrate the sensor without the risk of shortening anything on the board..
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I suspect the intent is that this be continuously powered, that primary PIC is ultra low operation power. The second PIC might be turned on by this larger PIC. I think the intent of the magnetic sensor is that you can POT this and not worry about mechanical switches. All in all it looks interesting.

I guess a next question is how to communicate with it. should it be analog, or digital? I haven't found a communications spec as of yet.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I found the software for this WO2. It should be easy enough to get the data over 232 stream. Getting it digitally would help avoid potential issues with analog calibration, or analog noise. It also appears they only offer the AFR, I have not found anything implying you can get additional data. I found the software at this link

https://www.wide-band.com/help_answer.asp?ID=17

It's a simple executable which is apparently using WxWidget for the gui. It should be easy enough to sniff the traffic and see what's there. The traffic is one directional, so it's probably just repeatably sending the AFR. The white wire is connected via 220 resistor to PIC12F1840 pin 6, LED and PIC16F1716 pin 11. It appears that this data stream is also how the LED is made bright, and if you connect a scope to the top side of the LED you'll see the LED is really blinking at 9600 8N1. Most of the IO on the STM are 5V tolerant, so we should be able to simply connect the 5V stream to an IO on the STM and get this data digital.
Attachments
software.jpg
software.jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 36723 times
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

does it use ascii code, sends binary data or uses its own protocol?
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: anyone managed a straightforward wideband diy??

Post by kb1gtt »

I inquired about a spec of some sorts. I'm sure the PC program and stream is easy enough to decode, but I wonder if other things might be accessible. We'll see what comes from my inquiry.
Technoman

Post by Technoman »

I have got recently one such device and has produced some test. ASPX original software are not working and i use com-port terminal software for read data stream from this controller. I make small video about it, but my english is very, very bad. I am sorry. :(

[video][/video]

And more my videos about it, but only on Russian language.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]