Unofficial RUSEFI DASH

It's all about the code!
Wonderingwobble
Github Username: Arthris
Slack: Arthris

Unofficial RUSEFI DASH

Post by Wonderingwobble »

I say unofficial because I don't think a consensus has been made what that would be. But in the mean time we can fiddle around with something. What I have for yall is something of not my making. But I have absolutely worked to get it to a point that it works. What I have requires a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Official Raspberry 7" touch screen as a RS485/CAN HAT. And whatever you want to power it up. And then head on over here https://github.com/Arthris/PowerTune-Buildroot This repo is still a work in progress. But its working, I am no way shape or form a software person. But I am trying to make this working with as little commands as possible. If you would like to help me out I am all for it. Also this is based on a dash called PowerTuneDigital. Its a paid ware dash but they have a github repo. Ill explain More in another Post on how to get CAN data across. Its very easy to do.
andreika
donator
donator

Re: Unofficial RUSEFI DASH

Post by andreika »

Maybe it's better to fork the Powertune repo and then add the fork as a git submodule inside board/raspberrypi/rootfs_overlay/home/pi ?
Wonderingwobble
Github Username: Arthris
Slack: Arthris

Post by Wonderingwobble »

Powertune Repo doesnt build the firmware or QT. Buildroot builds the firmware crosscompiles QT, and compiles Powertune and outputs a 1GB img file to burn to a SD card.
Rupucs

Post by Rupucs »

Hi ,

I'm also trying to replicate PowerTune dashbord, for other ECU, but maybe we can share expierience :)

So what have I tried ...
1. Build from buildroot of MarkusIppy github - failed, because it stopped with some strange errors, probably because of Ubuntu 20.
2. Installed QT and after then PowerTune from BastianGschrey github, got it partialy working, but there is some errors with dependencies, I tried it on Rpi4
3. Tried to build from your buldroot. - It take for my Ubuntu Virtualbox two days to compile SD image - It wont work on Rpi4, but I got Rpi3 and it run there, but stoped on shell and now asking password :)
So , will keep looking .. :)