Rusefi gearbox controller?

It's all about the code!
bazz86

Rusefi gearbox controller?

Post by bazz86 »

Hello!

I should start saying I am no pro at programing. I have done a little Arduino and recently started reading C ++.

But for you guys with more programing knowledge, would it be possible to mod rusefi to control a gearbox of type DSG?

Controlling clutch with trottle/load type table and contolling shift solenoids with a Load/rpm table.

Or do you think its better to write a new code and skip the hole chibiOS?

I like the idea of having the opertunity to tune the controller using a windows-based program.

Have looked into the Megashift controller wich also use the Tunerstudio but the controller itself seems "old".

Have to start somewere so shoot!

Greetings from Sweden!
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Rusefi gearbox controller?

Post by AndreyB »

Hello and welcome!

Starting from rusEfi would definitely be better than starting from scratch, but I am sure you will need some code to run a DSG gearbox or any gearbox.

You can use rusEfi to land a man on the Moon, it's just that you need time, skill and budget :(
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
bazz86

Post by bazz86 »

Thanks!

I have read on the rusefi forum the last week and by the looks it seems like you "Russian" know quite well what you are talking about :)

I downloaded the hole zip. file with all the source code for rusefi but so far just read the files and tried to puzzle how all the coding is implemented.

I thougt the rusefi would be a good start since there are high-outputs, anlog inputs and stuff.

The biggest issue is the clutch engagement, if I get that to work with cooding, the gear-solenoids are just on/off at set point in a 2D table.

In the rusefi, is it the tunerstudio ini.file that tells which gauges and type(megasquirt/megashift) of tuning varibles to use?

Excuse me for my noob questions :?
Abricos
contributor
contributor

Post by Abricos »

I think you need to make a stand ...
you need to take the gearbox connect an electric motor ...
and do tests and development ...
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

It seems every DSG has a different method of control. You would first need to know your control sequence, as well you would need to know your control voltage and amperage's. Once you know these basics, you might get away with the FSIO, or you might need some additional coding. See more about FSIO here.

https://rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual:Flexible_Logic
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
bazz86

Post by bazz86 »

Thanks for the support :)

Abricos: My thougt is just as you say, connect the gearbox to a electric motor and make a "test-bench"

kb1gtt: I have made a word-document on the thought gearbox so i know how each solenoid should be engaged, thanks for the advice on FSIO, have looked a little on that to control the clutch.

The optimal would be little like the megashift do, every gear has it owns state wich you could customize i TS.

I got my STM32f4 discovery board yesterday but havent got it up and running yet. Maybe in the weekend, got alot of work on my desk this time a year in my work..... :oops:
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

What triggers your shift? Do you have some kind of manual input like flappy paddles? Is this going to be some algorithm or shift table?
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
bazz86

Post by bazz86 »

My thought is to have the gear-console for R(reverse), N(neutral) ,D(automatic) and M(flappy paddles) and the D/automatic should use
some algorithm/shift table and the other modes only input>outputs with some kind of failsafe for max rpm(sure this need some algorithm to). :)