help, Nucleo f767

It's all about the code!
Joey120373
donator
donator

help, Nucleo f767

Post by Joey120373 »

Hello all, New to this forum and RUSefi.

I have been looking through the getting started threads, and I think i have managed to at least load the correct .bin file to the board:

C:\Users\joey1\Desktop\snapshot_20200522_014232_stm32f767_nucleo_rusefi

using the STM32 ST-LINK Utility.

Once it programmed, I got a rapidly blinking blue LED on the board, witch i think is a good thing.

The board shows up as an ST link virtual com in my device manager.
Where i am stuck now is establishing and sort of serial comms with the board.
I have tried Putty, Real Term, Arduino Serial monitor, TunerStudio, and RUsefi console.

The port shown up ( as 27 in my case ) and I set it to 115200 baud, however i cant seem to get anything from the Nucleo. Wondering what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks

AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: help, Nucleo f767

Post by AndreyB »

there are two connectors on that board, top for programming and bottom for communication. which one are you connecting two?

please post a picture of device manager
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Joey120373
donator
donator

Re: help, Nucleo f767

Post by Joey120373 »

there are two connectors on that board, top for programming and bottom for communication. which one are you connecting two?

please post a picture of device manager
AndreyB, thank you for the quick reply.

I tried both, but i did get it communicating finally! turns out I had not 1, but 2 faulty usb cables. once I swapped them around everything seems to be working fine.

again, thanks, and thus far RusEfi looks to be a beast of a system.