1JZ VVTI Issue

Tuning, troubleshooting and the nitty gritty of using rusEFI to make your engine run nicely!
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

1JZ VVTI Issue

Post by porelmundo »

Hi everybody, I'm about to pass the Lexus to my friend, its been a long list of mods and looks like almost takes forever, but is running good with the proteus and my TCU i knew that i have one issue with the vvti and i didnt have much time to try different things.
this is the thing is that is working good when is working but first need to start in the correct cycle or the VVTI solenoid freak out then if for some reason the engine lost sync and reset 100% of the time will re-sync on the wrong cycle. I'm trying to understand what is the purpose of having a count of more than 1 full cycle (4 Cycles 720), if you take a look at the firmware you will see cycle pass the 720 so when resync it will sync on the second cycle wish is right now 890 or more. Here in the video you can see it synced without the vvti solenoid connected, also it's need more stability.
Thank you always.

Mojica
Attachments
IMG_7603_HEVC.MOV
(9.77 MiB) Downloaded 222 times
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Re: 1JZ VVTI Issue

Post by porelmundo »

Have the chance to flash the fresh build November 6 firmware but the car wont start, looks like everything is correct, I just import the MSQ from previous Build (official August) check everything is correct and proceed to start with no luck.
Can you check my MSQ to see what is preventing the injection to fire? I have RPM's but i believe that is not firing the injectors.
Thank you
Attachments

[The extension msq has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

mck1117
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

porelmundo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:04 pm
Have the chance to flash the fresh build November 6 firmware but the car wont start, looks like everything is correct, I just import the MSQ from previous Build (official August) check everything is correct and proceed to start with no luck.
Can you check my MSQ to see what is preventing the injection to fire? I have RPM's but i believe that is not firing the injectors.
Thank you
Cranking settings have changed a bit - check that they're still correct. It's best to upload to rusefi.com/online, since it's much easier to view there than downloading and finding the correct ini for TS to use.
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

I upload the file to the server. Yes I'm aware of the changes, as per configurations, I check them all before proceed to start.
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

See the note on "base fuel mass" - you need probably want 25mg cranking fuel or so.
image.png
image.png (96.28 KiB) Viewed 5551 times
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

Ok, its been changed from ms to mg. Little confusing.
I will test tomorrow morning and report back
Thank you for taking the time.

Mojica
mck1117

Post by mck1117 »

If you're going to download from the build server instead of the official releases, it's probably best to consult the changelog to see if anything may have changed recently: https://github.com/rusefi/rusefi/blob/master/firmware/CHANGELOG.md

For future releases, the relevant changelog items will be copied to the release page, so no need to go dig it up on your own.
porelmundo
contributor
contributor

Post by porelmundo »

Thank you for the advice, next time i will check it more slowly.
I want to let you know that it's work, I was hopping that my situation with the VVTI was corrected with the timing fixes but is till there.
Also i didnt have enough time to test the 2 step properly but i think it will need to have some reverse input selection cos it was always on when float and off on ground.
The AFR to Lambda conversion dosnt work properly when importing the table. 14.7 at stoichiometric 14.7 should be 1 lambda.
The Automatic IDLE using the ETB present me with a real challenge, looks like all i do dosnt have any significant change.
Will keep reporting.
Thank you always