3rd Gen Mazda 3 Instrument Cluster Info

It's all about the code!
SVeilleux9

3rd Gen Mazda 3 Instrument Cluster Info

Post by SVeilleux9 »

I have been working with decoding a 3rd Gen Mazda 3 Instrument cluster and figure I would make the knowledge I have found public. The question you might be wondering is why anyone would want to decode the Mazda 3 instrument cluster. Quick answer, it has all the essential information on it, speedometer, tachometer, warning/safety lights, gear read out, fuel level. Also you can buy second hand for under $30 shipped on ebay.

The one I was playing with is from a 2016 2.0l so there might be differences between models.

I have listed out the pinout and all of the known Can codes, location and descriptions in this excel sheet.

You can usually buy the cluster with the plug in it, with the wiring harness cut. If not I am fairly certain this is the connector (not confirmed) https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1379668-5?qs=GQ3BsEl46pmt2pY5yaYihQ%3D%3D
SVeilleux9

Re: 3rd Gen Mazda 3 Instrument Cluster Info

Post by SVeilleux9 »

TODO: Figure out Fuel level code, and fuel consumption codes.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

Cool stuff!!! Is there a plan to PR this as a new build-in NBC mode? :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
SVeilleux9

Post by SVeilleux9 »

That is one of the next steps!
mck1117
running engine in first post
running engine in first post

Post by mck1117 »

Might be similar to other Mazdas of the era too. Like, you know, your other Mazda.
SVeilleux9

Post by SVeilleux9 »

You're right, so that means once rusEFI supports DI I can rusEFI swap my Mazda. :lol:

On a more serious note, I am guessing you bring that up for determining the fuel level codes. I fear they are on the medium speed canbus, which would be problematic since the proteus only has 1 can transceiver. So I will need a separate controller with at least 1 additional can transceiver, which I will likely need/want to do anyways as I probably dont want to use extra digital pins for stuff like "head lights are on".
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

are you sure they are not plain potentiometers like in RX8?