HC-05 blue tooth

Hardware inside and outside of the ECU
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

HC-05 blue tooth

Post by kb1gtt »

From a software perspective, are there any suggested bits to consider? For example, what software will make a virtual com port on a PC? I found one fellow who claimed to use a Toshiba stack program, however Toshiba has discontinued it so you have to make questionable decisions to get the software. Are there any other software options? Are there options for an Android system, Linux ect?
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: HC-05 blue tooth

Post by AndreyB »

Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

It is worth noting that HC-06 is suggested as an easier to configure option.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Snake____1

HC-05 Bluetooth module with rusEFI

Post by Snake____1 »

Hi there, using the HC-05 bluetooth ttl module.

Just trying to configure the bluetooth module but I can't seem to get any connection... Tried using bluetooth direct in TS, and RS232 mode...

I've configured it to 38400 baud, stop 1bit, pairity 2bit using command; AT+UART=38400,1,2

Any useful tips I can try?
(X) BMW E36 318i M50B50 Turbo (MegaSquirt (KdFI v1.3))
(X) BMW E36 325tds M70B50 (ViPEC V88)
(X) BMW E36 328i M52B28 Turbo (rusEFI PnP @me)
(✓) BMW E36 320i M70B50 (rusEFI project car)
(✓) BMW E46 325Xi M57D30 (daily)
Snake____1

Re: HC-05 Bluetooth module with rusEFI

Post by Snake____1 »

For future reference...

For HC-05 use command; AT+UART=38400,0,0

Got it working! :mrgreen:
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Sweet, and good job.

Did you get the on working on the Frankenso board, or was it on it's own? If it was the frankenso, I believe you are the first to make that go. We have been using the FTDI chip. Once we had communications, @russian focused his energy and resources on other features.
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

Cmon, I was using it with bare discovery board. I doubt pretty much it would be working properly on the car because of emi and pretty noisy environment, but anyway, looking forward to see the first results on real engine.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Were either of these with rusEFI, or were they isolated situations? Is there code that can be shared?
puff
contributor
contributor

Post by puff »

what sort of code you need? I had successful experience connecting to rusefi with tunerstudio and devconsole via bluetooth module back in 2013. ts was not stable at that time (but it wasn't stable with cable connection either), devconsole, as far as I remember, had only very seldom disconnects. But that was pure home environment, without any high voltage cables, sparks, brushed motors, high amp relays or anything of that sort. that's why i am curious how that would work on a real car. on the other hand, bluetooth handsfrees etc are working jut fine in the cars... not in the engine bay though..
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I'm not sure what code would be helpful. I believe it would be a patch to the current version of rusEFI code. Then @russian could merge the patch with the existing code, or at least he would have knowledge of how to make that aux board work. I believe that right now wireless has been a lower priority for @russian, but if we make it easy enough for him, he might bump it up in priority and adopt it to the main stream of code.
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

blue tooth is easier than that. As long as the HC module is initialized properly, one does not need to do anything extra - for the firmware there is not difference between a wired USB/TTL device and a HC device (again, once it's initialized once)

While theoretically we might could have HC-05 initialization logic in rusEfi, we would not. As long as one uses a HC-06 does not need initialization), or properly initialized HC-05, no chances are needed in the firmware.

@ has one on his unit for some time now.

Snake____1

Post by Snake____1 »

kb1gtt wrote:Sweet, and good job.

Did you get the on working on the Frankenso board, or was it on it's own? If it was the frankenso, I believe you are the first to make that go. We have been using the FTDI chip. Once we had communications, @russian focused his energy and resources on other features.
No, I used this on my BMW PnP board, this does tie the Tx&Rx pins directly to PC10&11 via 1kOhm resistors.

puff wrote:Cmon, I was using it with bare discovery board. I doubt pretty much it would be working properly on the car because of emi and pretty noisy environment, but anyway, looking forward to see the first results on real engine.
No problem with EMI or any other noise on my end. Been using these modules on MSII for a couple of years now ;) Just be sure to pair it with the computer properly, and new feature in TS is that you can choose BluetoothDirect connection method :D
Tomin

Post by Tomin »

I use hc05 in my el.project arround cars also and did not have any trouble with EMI. I can provide a short init. code for first setting. Many pieces used and no problem.
Tomas