Over my head

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Sasquatch

Over my head

Post by Sasquatch »

I'm probably not the only one who found my way here by accident. I was researching Speeduino because I was frustrated that Megasquirt has become just as expensive and inflexible as any other PnP EFI system. I like that Rusefi offers real components meant to operate in an automotive environment.

I'm definitely in over my head at the moment. Yes, I have coding experience... I was president of my highschool computer club back when computers still had monochrome monitors and BASIC was the hip language. I have more recently dabbled in C++ and Haskell, but not enough to actually learn anything. My soldering experience amounts to soldering a bridge between pins on the PCB of a Microsoft Sidewinder 3-D Pro joystick so it would work with a USB connection. I have built a couple computers, so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to technology. But I do have some things to learn before I can really make progress here.

My project is also a bit on the fringe. I have a 1959 Ford Thunderbird that my wife and I plan to use as our retirement escape vehicle. The plan is to hook up a small camper behind it and travel the country. I'm going with EFI because I want it to be able to adapt to changing conditions as we travel. To that end, it will also be turbocharged with a closed-loop boost control that will adjust the boost level to compensate for changes in altitude. That way it will be less of a chore pulling a trailer through the mountains. In theory, it's not really complicated. But I suspect there will be more to it than I think.

Anyhow, I'm a ways off from getting started. The car is little more than a rolling shell and I don't have the engine built yet. I'm just here to study, learn, and figure out what I need to make it all work.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Over my head

Post by AndreyB »

Welcome :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Good to meet you.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Thanks. I'm looking forward to tinkering with this as soon as I can. Everything's in limbo right now thanks to logistics and finances.