Hello from Greece

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
MHTSOS
Github Username: MHTSOSVOODOO
Slack: Dimitri C

Hello from Greece

Post by MHTSOS »

Hello everyone,

I'm Dimitri from Greece. I'm an electronics repair technician so as you understand soldering boards is like second nature to me. I have a Subaru Impreza '99 with an EJ20 NA engine. The car came originally with an EJ161 but I swapped it with an EJ20 from a Forester I found cheap in a junkyard. The 2 engines are practically identical with the only difference the larger bore and stroke. Apart from that I only had to rewire my original MAP sensor because it was different and the engine worked great with my original ECU. Once I found your project I thought it's going to be great to tweak my car and make it work even better. I'll slowly start to assemble all the parts needed and start building my board. I've read a lot of the forum and wiki but there is a lot more to read, there is a huge amount of info in here.

We'll keep in touch I guess. :D
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Hello from Greece

Post by AndreyB »

Welcome :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Re: Hello from Greece

Post by kb1gtt »

Welcome along. Someone near me has an EJ20, which I'm hoping he'll try to start it soon-ish. He's got lots to do before he's ready for trying to start. Fuel system and wiring need work.

About building your board, I would suggest the assembled boards. We have had many more successes with the pre-assembled boards. I do not think you'll save any money, shipping is not cheap.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)